Best time to move out of state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cakezyum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm from California and will be going to Illinois for pharmacy school. Given that the school doesn't start till the end of August, when is the best time for me to move to Illinois? I have to set up an apartment and applying for pharm intern jobs.

Members don't see this ad.

Enjoy your time in California as much as you can. You might not be able to move back indefinitely if you want a job when you graduate, as there are practically none in the state.

Enjoy your time in California as much as you can. You might not be able to move back indefinitely if you want a job when you graduate, as there are practically none in the state.
Thanks for your opinion. I will keep that in mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just out of curiosity, which school? Is it possible to get apartment and job while still in California? If you work at a retail chain already, look into transferring in August. I would say, move a few days to a week before classes start.
I'll be going to UIC and I've been searching apartments through craigslist. I've spoke to my PIC and she said that I can be transferred to another in Chicago. I'm afraid that if I'm transferring late (near the time when school starts), I might not get hired as an intern so I've been thinking of moving late July?

From what I'm reading, you're currently employed with some company and your PIC is helping you facilitate a transfer within the company, correct? If so I think you are over thinking this. If you're transferring to another store within the same company, then you have a job. You don't have to worry about getting hired. Once you arrive you'll get in touch with your new place and talk about a schedule. It's usually quite painless.

Reactions: 1 users