Best time to do elective for Mohs fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leogirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any comments/advice on what would be the best time period in the year to do a Mohs elective? I'm aware that most Mohs fellowship participating in the SF match close their applications around the end of July. So sometime close to the deadline so they remember you (E.g. anytime Jan to Jun)? Not sure if any particular time period makes any significant difference, but just wanted to get a sense from people with experience

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Does anyone have any comments/advice on what would be the best time period in the year to do a Mohs elective? I'm aware that most Mohs fellowship participating in the SF match close their applications around the end of July. So sometime close to the deadline so they remember you (E.g. anytime Jan to Jun)? Not sure if any particular time period makes any significant difference, but just wanted to get a sense from people with experience

Thanks!

I'm not sure it makes a big difference. I did mine in July immediately prior to the close of applications (and actually ended up not applying to the program I rotated at) but I think anytime is fine as long as you go and make a good impression.