Best strategy for Nbde part 1 study preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jasmin01

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I just started seriously to prepare for Nbde part 1 after I tried several time before to study but I didn't have the good time but finally now I have

But I'm finding difficulty to focus on one source as I studied before dental anatomy and occlusion from dental decks only and it was just fine

As for other subjects I find the information as (physiology and biochemistry)in the dental decks not organized enough especially that I graduated in 2008 and forgot almost all these info so as if I'm starting from scratch i need reallyblong time to understand only from dental decks googling and watching videos
I really need your opinion for the best way to prepare for each subject
I bought Kaplan lecture notes book and first aid and dental decks I just found that the subjects are not organized in the same pattern in each book and this got me really stressed out and confused
I wish I can minimize my sources to just 2 for each subject or whatever needed
Plz help me I really need ur help
Each subject what were the best sources of ur study
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
I just started seriously to prepare for Nbde part 1 after I tried several time before to study but I didn't have the good time but finally now I have

But I'm finding difficulty to focus on one source as I studied before dental anatomy and occlusion from dental decks only and it was just fine

As for other subjects I find the information as (physiology and biochemistry)in the dental decks not organized enough especially that I graduated in 2008 and forgot almost all these info so as if I'm starting from scratch i need reallyblong time to understand only from dental decks googling and watching videos
I bought Kaplan lecture notes book and first aid and dental decks I just found that the subjects are not organized in the same pattern in each book and this got me really stressed out and confused
Thanks
Hi! Any responses yet? I am about to buy my study materials. Was initially going to get just kaplan dentessentials and dentaldecks and then a question bank but there's first aid, usmle part1, etc. Not certain anymore if those two alone are sufficient. Any one help pls

Identify the subjects in which you need to study more then just a review, get a textbook. For others read just a review material.
I had Kalan notes for most. Biochemistry - loved "Biochemistry for dummies", other then a few misprints. Easy to read and memorize. Dental anatomy - had a couple of conventional textbooks. And decks, of course

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Identify the subjects in which you need to study more then just a review, get a textbook. For others read just a review material.
I had Kalan notes for most. Biochemistry - loved "Biochemistry for dummies", other then a few misprints. Easy to read and memorize. Dental anatomy - had a couple of conventional textbooks. And decks, of course
Great. Thanks for your reply. much appreciated

When I first started, I bought first aid and decks and I ended up not using them at all. Here is what I did:

For biochemistry, get the booklet "Biochem for the boards"
For physiology get "Understanding anatomy and physiology" by Gale Thompson
For the rest of the stuff, get "Board Busters NBDE part 1 (I think it is now called dentin)"
Practice questions with Dental boards mastery app. I think when all is said and done, this is the most important resource.
Last but not least, watch everything on youtube, mostly animations. Armando hasundungan vids are good too.

Good luck
wow thanks, thats away from the norm. cos everyone keeps mentioning the decks and all. if i may ask why didnt you use the first aid and dental decks?

It's not away from the norm. "Board busters" now called "dentin" is basically Dental decks in book format and that book has everything you need to know. I didn't use FA because it had too much irrelevant information, nor Decks because the format didn't really do it for me and I was taking too much time to go through the cards. The book and the app are really all you need, but since you need a little help with physio/bioch, I listed the resources I personally used to really understand those topics.
Ok thanks a lot. Very helpful. I think I'd prefer the 'dentin' and probably use the decks for revision alongside practice questions. Thanks a lot!

If u graduated in 2008 review or decks won't help u much as u still can't get all the basics in details and its like memorizing stuff you didn't understand. I am facing the same problem and planning on marking the concepts I don't understand and reading them from textbooks. It takes more time but definitely lasts longer in my mind

Hi.... i hv started preparing for nbde part 1.... m from ohio.... needed a study partner..

Hi.... i hv started preparing for nbde part 1.... m from ohio.... needed a study partner..
Hello. I'm starting preparing for NBDE part 1 too and need a study partner too..

When I first started, I bought first aid and decks and I ended up not using them at all. Here is what I did:

For biochemistry, get the booklet "Biochem for the boards"
For physiology get "Understanding anatomy and physiology" by Gale Thompson
For the rest of the stuff, get "Board Busters NBDE part 1 (I think it is now called dentin)"
Practice questions with Dental boards mastery app. I think when all is said and done, this is the most important resource.
Last but not least, watch everything on youtube, mostly animations. Armando hasundungan vids are good too.

Good luck
Hello,
Is the booklet "Biochem for the boards " by Bansari Modi and spiral-bound? Thank you

Hello everyone. I was wonder which Dentin(formerly board busters) book I should purchase? there is one called 1001 high speed drills and was wondering if anyone was familiar with it? Thanks

if you get the regular Dentin NBDE 1, you will be fine.

Hello

Thanks

Hello Jasmin,
May I please ask you to provide AFK NBDE material? I am in dire need of it. I will truly appreciate if you can send it to me.
My emai! id is - rainmansingh AT Gmail
Appreciate it.

Hello did u start yet ?

Hello Jasmin,
May I please ask you to provide AFK NBDE material? I am in dire need of it. I will truly appreciate if you can send it to me.
My emai! id is - rainmansingh AT Gmail
Appreciate it.
Hi sorry I didn't understand what do u need exactly ?

Hello did u start yet ?

We have created a study group here -
groups.google DOT comSLASHforum/#!forum/ndbeprep

Group name - ndbeprep

Please feel free to signup. I am only looking to engage with students from India & Canada due to time difference.