Best resource for Neurology Step 1 (and I guess Cardio)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Evgeno

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time looking through both of these subjects on First Aid, and my background for these are really bad.

Is High Yield Neuroanatomy + Pathoma sufficient for Neuro? (also is there a preference between the 4th and 5th? I was thinking 5th, but there was one post on here saying it wasn't great).

Or do you think I should read Kaplan Lecture Notes + Pathoma for Neuro and Cardio? I don't have great copies of these though and don't know where to find them :( (my PDFs are from like 2011).

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having a really hard time looking through both of these subjects on First Aid, and my background for these are really bad.

Is High Yield Neuroanatomy + Pathoma sufficient for Neuro? (also is there a preference between the 4th and 5th? I was thinking 5th, but there was one post on here saying it wasn't great).

Or do you think I should read Kaplan Lecture Notes + Pathoma for Neuro and Cardio? I don't have great copies of these though and don't know where to find them :( (my PDFs are from like 2011).

Thanks.
Physeo for physiology of cardio for sure. Used it for my cardio exams and got high 90s. If not that then B&B. B&B is taught by a cardiologist.. Pathoma for pathology. FA sufficient for everything else cardio. HY Neuro is ok but I'm not a fan. Used it for my shelf exam and I would've been better off studying half my school notes. Maybe try neuro B&B. That's what I plan to use.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried B&B in the past (particularly for neuro and cardio) but I'm not a huge fan. I don't feel like I get that much from watching the videos and don't absorb info that well when reading ppts.
That's why I was kinda leading towards HY and KLN since they are at least a little closer to reading like a book (+BRS physio).

What's physeo by the way? Sorry, googling doesn't seem to show anything for me.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried B&B in the past (particularly for neuro and cardio) but I'm not a huge fan. I don't feel like I get that much from watching the videos and don't absorb info that well when reading ppts.
That's why I was kinda leading towards HY and KLN since they are at least a little closer to reading like a book (+BRS physio).

What's physeo by the way? Sorry, googling doesn't seem to show anything for me.
Physeo.com

It's kinda like pathoma for physiology. Really great at explaining cardio. Haven't used it for much else