Best NBME to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I can take 3 NBME's, which 3 should I take that would most accurate predict the step 1 score or have questions most similar to step 1? I assume 13 14 15? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That gets quoted a lot, and I guess it is my turn to mention that it's not entirely accurate.

7 has the most votes because that poll is 4 years old at this point and because 7 was the most recent NBME when that poll was made and was the most recent NBME listed for two years. I'd much rather take the more recent ones than 7 at this point. I used 7 as a baseline, and I am using 13 and 15 as indicators as I study.

Don't know how reliable this poll is but Form 7 seems to be extremely popular

Sigh I can't paste link because Uworld is open.

http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-recommended-threads/1028-best-nbme-form-usmle-step-1-a.html

So far I haven't heard anyone really say above and beyond for 12..so otherwise 7, 11, 15 seem to be the best predictors.

Where can I find this form 14 that you all seem to be praising? Is it as elusive as the Australian Dropbears?