This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drangue

Phase 1 collect underpants then phase 3 profit.
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DMC/Wayne are known for hands-on. So consider Sinai and DRH of course. I also had good experience with a surgeon at Henry Ford main who allows hands-on...and when he left, he residents and fellows taught me suture techniques

Hello! I am looking for electives in Michigan to take. I am going between hospitals such as St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, DMC, St. John Provdience and Sinai Grace.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share about these hospitals? Which ones to avoid? Which ones to take and what not.

Any information is helpful.
You dont say anything about what specialty you are going into or what you are interested in seeing or doing. You also dont say whether you are looking for kick your butt but learn a ton rotations, or easy show up when you want and coast through the month rotations. Hard to give advice without some details.....

Members don't see this ad :)
You dont say anything about what specialty you are going into or what you are interested in seeing or doing. You also dont say whether you are looking for kick your butt but learn a ton rotations, or easy show up when you want and coast through the month rotations. Hard to give advice without some details.....

Therefore it's a general question about anyones experience with electives in Michigan. If you have "any" information regarding electives you have experience with then please, let me know.

Nothing really amazing to say about any of those, but I suppose DMC will be busy and diverse. So perhaps do more electives there?

Therefore it's a general question about anyones experience with electives in Michigan. If you have "any" information regarding electives you have experience with then please, let me know.
I think you would get more responses to your question if you were more specific about what you are looking for, but if you don't want to provide any more information, that certainly is your right. Good luck with your rotations.