Below 3.0 gpa Support Group/Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Major

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are more than several of us out there lurking on the forum that have below a 3.0 gpa. I thought it would be good idea for us to have our own support group/thread to support each other on our journey to repairing our low gpa's and gaining admission to med school.

Many threads around here can be so competitive and imitating it makes it hard for us to come out of the shadows and really discuss things and get support and advice. There's nothing for us to be judgmental or ashamed about.

What matters is that we've owned up to our mistakes from the past and learned from them. We might have been in a bad place before but now we are in a much better place. We've learned from the mistakes and we don't let them define who we are now.

So I'm creating this thread so we can come here to discuss things as openly as you want or don't want. There's no need to get specific if you don't want to. Its totally anonymous but it is suppose to be supportive. I like the old adage, "Rising tides raise all ships"

So come here, we can discuss plan's of action to repairing our gpa's, mcat studying strategies, volunteering, working, research, relationships, life experiences, past experiences, etc.

Or if you just need to vent.

I know it seems like an impossible climb we have to go but it can be done. We only have 1 life to live on this planet so why not make it a good one and go after the things you want to accomplish...?

I refuse to accept any notion of giving up, no matter how some may say its a delusional dream that won't ever happen.

Everyone deserves a second chance. At-least I believe so. And it seems more and more med schools are also today.

So for those who have less than a 3.0 gpa, come here and make a pact with each other and yourself. If med school is really what you want, then you will make a pact with each other that we won't let each other give up nor give up on ourselves.

Soon enough we will be posting success stories of getting accepted into med school and we'll look back on this and be amazed on fast the time flew by and smile because it'll all be worth it...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 24 users
ACCOMAS cgpa = 2.54, sgpa= 2.1, non-science = 2.85

No kids, single, live alone with my dog, work part time, volunteer at two different organizations, and now I am retaking classes part time

I finished all of my undergrad degree requirements in the spring so I wanted to get my diploma/graduate and then stay at my university as a post-bach But my school has this goofy policy have only allowing non-degree seeking students to only be allowed to take classes for 2 semesters then no more.

So my advisor basically told me to just file for graduation whenever I get accepted to grad school. I can keep taking as many classes as I want/need for as along as I want. I just can't apply for graduation lol. I could graduate then seek another degree but then I would have to be taking more classes I don't need.

So technically I can't call my self a post-bach but I have finished all my degree requirements. All there is to do now is start retaking all my F classes and work my way up through the C's...

My schedule looks like this:

Summer 2013: Microbiology- 3 credits
Ochem Lab- 2 credits

Fall 2013: Microbiology Lab- 2 credits
History of Science- 3 credits
Genetics - 3 credits

Spring 2014: Immunology - 3 credits
Ecology - 3 credits
Algebra&Trig - 4 credits

Summer 2014: Ochem 1 - 3 credits
Ochem 2- 3 credits

Fall 2014: Gen. Biology I - 4 credits
Gen. Chem I - 5 credits

Spring 2015: Physics I - 4 credits

Summer 2015: Physics II - 4 credits

After that I don't know what else to take. I'll have every F and C replaced except Spanish I which is 5 credits....

I take the mcat this September 12th. So I know I need to score really really well on it....

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Liking this thread! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Guess I qualify to be posting in this thread! You can read my story from my post history, but in short, I got a bunch of F's from not going to class back in '04. GPA was like 1.5. I went active duty for a while and started working towards med school about three years ago. Since I've maintained a 4.0 for about 90+ credit hours. I'll be applying this cycle with a 2.9 ish AMCAS GPA. My AACOMAS GPA should be much better since I've basically retaken everything with an A, so we'll see how they calculate that.

I agree that it can be daunting, but I know that when I decided (and started doing well academically) I dropped any doubts and went at it. I think in a way it actually has helped to have "something to prove", because it pushes me to work harder than my peers generally (there are always people that work harder than me).

I read someone say on here one time-- If you really want to be a doctor, your chances are actually 100%. Because no matter what, you're not going to give up.

Reactions: 19 users
My AACOMAS sGPA was in the 2.7's when I graduated from college but with some grad school courses and a couple of re-takes, it shot up to the 3.4's.

Grade replacement is your friend!

Reactions: 5 users
Guess I qualify to be posting in this thread! You can read my story from my post history, but in short, I got a bunch of F's from not going to class back in '04. GPA was like 1.5. I went active duty for a while and started working towards med school about three years ago. Since I've maintained a 4.0 for about 90+ credit hours. I'll be applying this cycle with a 2.9 ish AMCAS GPA. My AACOMAS GPA should be much better since I've basically retaken everything with an A, so we'll see how they calculate that.

I agree that it can be daunting, but I know that when I decided (and started doing well academically) I dropped any doubts and went at it. I think in a way it actually has helped to have "something to prove", because it pushes me to work harder than my peers generally (there are always people that work harder than me).

I read someone say on here one time-- If you really want to be a doctor, your chances are actually 100%. Because no matter what, you're not going to give up.

That's awesome man!!

So cool to see how hard work pays off.

Do you have any tips/advice on study strategies and exam taking that helped you in your straight A's??

Oh yes. Yes I belong in here - thanks for starting this thread :)

One thing that seems to be changing my whole life lol are these online courses being offered for free. I can cherry pick things to reinforce what I'm learning in class (especially the ones I zone out of sometimes when I'm completely lost :laugh:).

Another use is beefing up my math and intro science this summer to prepare me for pre-reqs this Fall. The godsend of the internet, seriously.

In fact, right now I'm reviewing for a final and it turns out the author of the textbook taught a course too at Yale and the audio/video is offered for free to listen on iTunesU. I love that thing. The topics are exactly in accord with what my professor is testing on, same order and everything. It no longer feels like dense text and things flying over my head.

Coursera, Khan Academy I just learned about recently so I'm checking it out, Udacity.. I feel like these incredible resources will have a giant impact on helping me tie concepts, and really getting into the meat these classes. I'm starving for a straight A streak people lol.

Also - its helpful to hear different perspectives/teaching styles and its also really nice hearing topics from people who seem passionate and manage to make the material interesting.

:: returns to my secret weapon ::

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
That's awesome man!!

So cool to see how hard work pays off.

Do you have any tips/advice on study strategies and exam taking that helped you in your straight A's??

Thanks! I still have a long way to go though... I'm definitely not out of the woods yet.

I think the best advice I can give is to really get into the subjects. Find some way to cultivate a genuine interest in every course you take. In doing so, you tend to make it less of a constant workload and more of a scholastic self-enrichment (not that there won't still be times that you don't want to study).

Another thing is to make your presence known in the classroom. Be actively involved in lecture and not the kid on Facebook in the back row. Plus, it helps a lot to be able to comfortably talk to your professor. Most professors genuinely want their students to excel- not just pass.

Hope that helps in some way, and feel free to PM me!

So awesome to get people active on here!

I know soon enough we'll all be sharing our acceptances into med school!

Hello All,

This is the first time that I have ventured into posting on here... mostly because i have felt out of place. I am a nontraditional student, I’m 28 and I have been an accountant since 08. I recently left my job to concentrate on my prereqs and study for the MCAT. I graduated with a 2.75 gpa, I am in the process of calculating my amcas gpa. I agree a lot of us have made mistakes in the past but there is no doubt in my mind that I was born to be a doctor. I didn’t exactly get any F’s but I did earn many C’s. The good thing is that I was a business major and well... not many science classes go with that.

I agree with usmctodoc, it helps feeling like you have something to prove. I have nothing but A’s on my science courses so far.

This next summer session I will be taking Chemistry II and OChem I, Statistics, and Physics II in the Fall. For the spring I have OChem II and MCAT study. I am not taking other classes besides A&P I and II... but after the MCAT I will continue taking the upper level courses until I’m accepted.

Thanks for starting this thread.... I also feel like I finally belong. :)

Reactions: 9 users
I had a 2.7 cGPA and a 2.6 sGPA with over 70 credit hours as well as a then recent pre-interview rejection letter to xray tech school when I decided to pursue medicine. Needless to say, I didn't get very many votes of confidence. I took my time at a pace of 11 credits per semester while racking up over 9000 (literally) hours of clinical work experience. With next to no grade replacement, I managed to bring it up to a 3.3 cGPA and sGPA and am matriculating to DMU-COM in just over a month! Keep the faith, friends. You can do this.

Reactions: 19 users
I love this thread too!!!

There's a lot of us who need encouragement to do what we always knew we were meant to do :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad you guys found this thread!!

I know there are plenty of us out there that are dedicated, have a passion for medicine, and just had some things in the past not go our way! I'm just so thankful DO schools practice grade replacement, which I didn't know until I decided to go back to school...

The two posters above that got accepted, what would you guys say were some of the biggest things you changed in your time management, studying, preparing for exams, etc??

Thanks! I still have a long way to go though... I'm definitely not out of the woods yet.

I think the best advice I can give is to really get into the subjects. Find some way to cultivate a genuine interest in every course you take. In doing so, you tend to make it less of a constant workload and more of a scholastic self-enrichment (not that there won't still be times that you don't want to study).

Another thing is to make your presence known in the classroom. Be actively involved in lecture and not the kid on Facebook in the back row. Plus, it helps a lot to be able to comfortably talk to your professor. Most professors genuinely want their students to excel- not just pass.

Hope that helps in some way, and feel free to PM me!

Thanks for sharing!

have you read Panda Bear's blog? He has a very similar story to yours, Marine for 8 years, bad grades, went back to school after Marines, got accepted to LSU-Shreveport...Pretty good blog and interesting insights

http://www.studentdoctor.net/pandabearmd/

No I haven't, but that is cool. I will check that out.

Grade replacement is indeed very nice. I know it's been a source of hope for me for the past couple of years, because it allows for complete redemption.

I have read some stories on here, though, about some people making pretty dramatic turnarounds and going MD despite the poor GPA. The only point I'm trying to make is that I think the most important thing is not the GPA numbers, as much as separating yourself from the old grades as much as possible.

On a lighter note, since most of us probably spent our share of time partying in our earlier years, how is everyone liking being a huge school nerd?

Glad you guys found this thread!!

I know there are plenty of us out there that are dedicated, have a passion for medicine, and just had some things in the past not go our way! I'm just so thankful DO schools practice grade replacement, which I didn't know until I decided to go back to school...

The two posters above that got accepted, what would you guys say were some of the biggest things you changed in your time management, studying, preparing for exams, etc??

I changed my whole attitude about school - from "what is the least amount of effort I have to put in to pass" to "what amount of effort do I have to put in to get As and awesome LORs." During my DIY post-bac I did all of my studying during the school day so that I could spend nights and weekends at home with my husband and kids. I think that this was a huge motivator to buckle down and get all my schoolwork done in a timely fashion so I was never having to cram right before exams. Turns out the whole no-studying-nights-and-weekends thing doesn't fly in medical school though :)

On a lighter note, since most of us probably spent our share of time partying in our earlier years, how is everyone liking being a huge school nerd?

Being a huge school nerd has become fun! For starters, I really like knowing what's going on in class :D

Being a huge school nerd has become fun! For starters, I really like knowing what's going on in class :D

I'll say a change for me is that summer classes are my favorite because no one takes them so you get more face to face with the professor. Also no one is ever in the library. I literally can get a whole floor to myself to study in peace and quiet. During the fall/spring that is basically impossible. I always have to hunt down a good spot and it takes 20 minutes just to do that.

I am technically over 3.0, but that is only because of a course I took last semester at the local community college. Awesome thread.

Me: Married, 25, working full time as an electrical engineer.

GPAs calculated via spreadsheet: cumulative: 3.01, sciGPA (AACOMAS style): 2.93

Prereqs pending: General Chemistry 2, Organic Chemistry 1, Organic Chemistry 2. I technically have a year of Biology, but I will take a traditional "General Biology" course as well. If I get A's in these, I will be above 3.0 for sciGPA.

Listening to EK Audio Osmosis daily to and from work. Going to follow the 10 week EK MCAT plan starting next week. Planning to take the MCAT next year in April or May, and will retake in September if needed. If I get an acceptance, I will probably leave my job right then and take some classes that may help me (marginal, I know) in med school.

My work ethic and studying ability has improved dramatically since undergrad. I honestly think that if I were a full time student taking prereqs, I would do great. Unfortunately, I do not have such a luxury.

Would love to hear from other full time workers on how they are managing this. It gets stressful, and feels hopeless at times.

Last edited:
I am technically over 3.0, but that is only because of a course I took last semester at the local community college. Awesome thread.

Prereqs pending: General Chemistry 2, Organic Chemistry 1, Organic Chemistry 2. I technically have a year of Biology, but I will take a traditional "General Biology" course as well. If I get A's in these, I will be above 3.0 for sciGPA.

Listening to EK Audio Osmosis daily to and from work. Going to follow the 10 week EK MCAT plan starting next week. Planning to take the MCAT next year in April or May, and will retake in September if needed. If I get an acceptance, I will probably leave my job right then and take some classes that may help me (marginal, I know) in med school.

My work ethic and studying ability has improved dramatically since undergrad. I honestly think that if I were a full time student taking prereqs, I would do great. Unfortunately, I do not have such a luxury.

Would love to hear from other full time workers on how they are managing this. It gets stressful, and feels hopeless at times.

The details of my application are very similar to this.

Chemical engineer about 12 years out of undergrad. Married with 2 kids (though only 1 kid when I studied for the MCAT).

Undergrad GPA (both c and s) - 3.0
Grad GPA - 3.1
Recent coursework - PhD level pharmaceutics courses at USP and Biochem + Cell Biology about a year ago to demonstrate recent ability to to take courses - 4.0

I used EK Audio Osmosis for a pretty good while; have probably listened to everything >10 times. Used the 10 week plan with all of their study materials. Did not use anything else. Studied at night when the wife and kid were asleep until ~2am almost every night. Walked out of the exam thinking I probably wasted 4 months of my life. Ended up scoring a 33.

Applied to 3 MD schools, 2 in-state and one in state next door. Interviewed at 2. Accepted at both.

I start medical school in a little over a month.

Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 17 users

Chemical engineer about 12 years out of undergrad. Married with 2 kids (though only 1 kid when I studied for the MCAT).

Grad GPA - 3.1
Recent coursework - PhD level pharmaceutics courses at USP and Biochem + Cell Biology about a year ago to demonstrate recent ability to to take courses - 4.0

I used EK Audio Osmosis for a pretty good while; have probably listened to everything >10 times. Used the 10 week plan with all of their study materials. Did not use anything else. Studied at night when the wife and kid were asleep until ~2am almost every night. Walked out of the exam thinking I probably wasted 4 months of my life. Ended up scoring a 33.

Applied to 3 MD schools, 2 in-state and one in state next door. Interviewed at 2. Accepted at both.

Good luck to everyone.

Dude. Thank you. You have just made my day with these encouraging words. Now I am gung-ho about this for real.

Grad GPA - 3.1

Good luck to everyone.

So awesome!!

Love seeing the success!

Hey, how do you eat an elephant...?

One bite at a time!

Get those biology classes and other prereq's done at the most efficient pace and your Gpa is going to be looking good!

I started out by just being brutal with myself. Everything else came second to studying including sleep. I just didn't have the time to learn how to learn better immediately, so I compensated in other ways. Gradually, I just became a more efficient consumer of material. To me, that was a matter of discipline: eliminating distractions, keeping my ever wandering mind focused, overcoming frustration, and persisting until I 'got it'. Some tangible techniques I use are to make flashcards, my own note outlines (including any even mildly vague terms or concepts), and I'm a huge fanatic for mnemonics. It doesn't matter how dumb they are, in fact, dumb may even be helpful. I'm a nut shell: brutality --> mental discipline --> whatever little study tricks I find useful.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, just wanted to say this thread is awesome. I graduated 3 years ago with a BS in biology with a 2.9 cGPA and 2.82 sGPA. Been working as a medical technologist for a while on R&D work and just submitted my application for the post bacc program at VCU to repair my GPA, as I have been working to overcome a sleep disorder for a long time. Also, just got my MCAT scores back on Tuesday and got a 31, 10/10/11! I hope I can keep updating on this thread as I feel there are way more of us out there than one might think, and we can all use some camaraderie! Cheers yall!

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to all of you, there's still hope!

Graduated college in 2004 with a 2.5 sGPA / 2.8 cGPA.

Applied last year with a 3.4/3.4 AACOMAS and 3.09/3.26 AMCAS. I'm going DO but I also had a decent amount of MD interviews, which I think had my interview skills been better I might have been able to turn into acceptances (interviews have always been my weakest link).

Good luck to all of you, there's still hope!

Graduated college in 2004 with a 2.5 sGPA / 2.8 cGPA.

Applied last year with a 3.4/3.4 AACOMAS and 3.09/3.26 AMCAS. I'm going DO but I also had a decent amount of MD interviews, which I think had my interview skills been better I might have been able to turn into acceptances (interviews have always been my weakest link).

Congratulations!!!

Keep us updating on med school!

Tomorrow is my final for microbiology!

In less than 24 hours I'll be done with my first retake of my DIY post-Bach.

The first time I took micro was over 5 years ago and got a F. At the time I made the mistake of staying in school cause I thought it would be the best thing to keep my mind off all the bad stuff happening.

5 years later the difference is night and day better!

I am still in undergrad, age 21 but I'll be finished in December. Taking summer classes right now (genetics and genetics lab) and classes in the fall (Microbio, microbio lab, intro to biochem, and stats). As of this moment my sGPA is 2.5 and my overall is a 3.06. I'm trying to work my butt off as hard as possible so I can get As in these last science classes to salvage all that I can of my GPA. The plan after undergrad is to take post-bac classes, study for the MCAT like mad and hopefully start in 2016 at the latest! I technically don't know if this is the right thread since I'm still in undergrad but my sGPA is definitely below a 3.0.

I am still in undergrad, age 21 but I'll be finished in December. Taking summer classes right now (genetics and genetics lab) and classes in the fall (Microbio, microbio lab, intro to biochem, and stats). As of this moment my sGPA is 2.5 and my overall is a 3.06. I'm trying to work my butt off as hard as possible so I can get As in these last science classes to salvage all that I can of my GPA. The plan after undergrad is to take post-bac classes, study for the MCAT like mad and hopefully start in 2016 at the latest! I technically don't know if this is the right thread since I'm still in undergrad but my sGPA is definitely below a 3.0.

Hey welcome!

Unlike the pre-allo section, we are very welcoming to all that need help and support! ;)

How is genetics going for you?

Hey welcome!

Unlike the pre-allo section, we are very welcoming to all that need help and support! ;)

How is genetics going for you?
Thanks for welcoming me with open arms! So far Genetics has been "alright". It's an 8 week session so you can imagine how fast we're moving. First exam is July 11th! Studying pedigrees and punnet squares as I type this! lol

Thanks for welcoming me with open arms! So far Genetics has been "alright". It's an 8 week session so you can imagine how fast we're moving. First exam is July 11th! Studying pedigrees and punnet squares as I type this! lol

Haha. Nice.

I have my micro final in a hour. I'm just trying to relax right now. 6 week course flew by!

Haha. Nice.

I have my micro final in a hour. I'm just trying to relax right now. 6 week course flew by!
Good luck to you! And 6 weeks...wow that's insanely short for a class like that!

I was in this position a few years ago, and now I have finished my first year of medical school! AACOMAS grade replacement is the key...
I graduated with a BS in molecular biology from a well-respected research university in 2005 with a 2.8 GPA. Got a bunch of Fs for not showing up for class, didn't really care about my grades. Had a ton of fun, though :) A few years later, decided I wanted to be a doctor, took MCAT (31), applied to a bunch of DO schools. No interviews. Quit my job, did 2 semesters of grade-repair coursework at the same university I graduated from. Post-bac GPA of 3.94 bumped up my overall GPA to 3.1, was accepted to every DO school I interviewed at. Didn't bother applying to MD because they don't do grade replacement, and I don't really care about MD vs DO. Finished first year at top of my class.
You guys can do this and I'm looking forward to hearing your success stories in the future!

This is my plan! Thanks for giving me hope again, I definitely needed to read this because I felt like such an idiot for messing up my chances.

Grad GPA - 3.1

Good luck to everyone.

:thumbup:

Thanks for sharing your success story. I'm studying for the MCAT now. Your story definitely gives me hope that I will not have wasted my last 3 months! Congrats on the acceptances. :)

I had a 2.7 cGPA and a 2.6 sGPA with over 70 credit hours as well as a then recent pre-interview rejection letter to xray tech school when I decided to pursue medicine. Needless to say, I didn't get very many votes of confidence. I took my time at a pace of 11 credits per semester while racking up over 9000 (literally) hours of clinical work experience. With next to no grade replacement, I managed to bring it up to a 3.3 cGPA and sGPA and am matriculating to DMU-COM in just over a month! Keep the faith, friends. You can do this.

May I ask what your MCAT score is? Wow, your clinical work experience is impressive! Just goes to show that putting in the hours can set you apart from the pack, despite your academic challenges.

Congrats on your success, and best of luck in med school!

May I ask what your MCAT score is? Wow, your clinical work experience is impressive! Just goes to show that putting in the hours can set you apart from the pack, despite your academic challenges.

Congrats on your success, and best of luck in med school!

By the time I became a pre-med, I was already in the world, i.e., working and supporting myself 100%. Reducing hours at that point was basically impossible, so I went through UG this way, but again, at a slower pace (average of 11 Cr Hrs/Semester). In a literal sense, I have >11k hrs work exp., rather than 9000. Couldn't resist. :D As for the MCAT, I pulled a 29R. It's not what I hoped for, but definitely not a bad score imo.

Thanks for the kind words! It's all about being willing to do what you gotta do and work as hard as you gotta work while making sacrifices as needed along the way. It sucks, but it's for the dream! Good luck!!

This is a good thread. The odds are against you below 3.0 but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I am non-traditional and I almost qualified for the thread. If medicine is what you really want then be persistent!

“Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality in your own mind.” --Bruce Lee

I very much am glad to see this thread! I've been inactive on this thread the past few months in trying to decide what I want to do with my degree in Biology. I started off college 6 years ago as a pre-med but strayed from it for a while after becoming discouraged that my GPA was nowhere near competitive enough for MD schools. However, in learning more about DO schools, I'm considering it again with the grade replacement policy in DO schools.

About me:

I'm 24 years old and will be finishing my last semester as a full-time student. I have a cGPA of 2.8 and a sGPA of 2.6. I have some B+'s, a lot of B's, and a handful of C's in my science courses. I plan to do post-bachelor work to retake some of my C grades and plan on taking the MCAT next summer. I also want to increase my volunteer hours in the next year. I've tried my hand at research but really never got into it so I want to volunteer with different organizations to help myself stand out more as an applicant. If medical school ends up not panning out, I also considering the possibility of going on to do a Masters in Public Health.

Otherwise, to all that are currently taking summer courses, I wish you all the best with them!

To give you all some hope:

Graduated with a science degree in 2006 with a cGPA <2.4 and an sGPA slightly above it. All that was mainly due to a year of Fs, where a lot was going on in my life.

After working for a few years, I went back for a DIY post-bac, where I basically took all the pre-reqs and some retakes (many courses were only offered at my alma mater), getting ~3.8.

I applied late in the last cycle to a few MD, a lot of DO, and a couple Carib MD schools with a mid-30s MCAT score and ~3.0 GPAs, tons of ECs (volunteering, MD and DO shadowing, research, leadership, etc), and basically applied prematurely due to some time constraints and personal circumstances.

Result: Multiple interviews (mostly DO, but some MD), acceptances at all the Carib schools I applied to, and all my US MD interviews ended in waitlists and one acceptance to DO.

I made a lot of mistakes in the app process (mainly timing), but I also couldn't afford to wait longer to apply, so I took a shot. Even with that it ended well. I don't recommend it, but it ended well.

In reality, I should have waited to apply with GPAs far above 3.0 (would've taken 1-2 more semesters). My recommendation for everyone in a sub-3.0 situation is: make good use of grade replacement and get those GPAs above a 3.0 to make it above cutoffs, shadow a DO and get that LOR, apply early and broadly, and study all you can for the MCAT until you are getting above your target score on practice tests.

No matter what your situation, if you want it, you can get it. Good luck to all of you, and I hope to see you in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
^^^^Congrats on the acceptance!!!

Already so much win in this early thread! I really hope that this thread/group carries on for years and years to come, even as those right now are getting accepted and moving on to med school!

Wanted to share some funny videos my buddies in med school shared with me!

[YOUTUBE]Mrlnh3vebSc[/YOUTUBE]

So to continue with conservation, I wanted to see what everyone's plans were for in terms of applying MD or Do or both?

My issue is that most of the classes I got C's in were upper division (300/400) level courses that I took at a University in another city. I guess I'll just have to just take a bunch of classes locally and build the GPA up instead of using grade replacement :(

So to continue with conservation, I wanted to see what everyone's plans were for in terms of applying MD or Do or both?

I'm def. focused on DO schools and the AACOMAS grade replacement policy

However, after research on SDN and calling admission offices of several MD schools, there are a couple of MD schools that will just look at your most recent 32-60 credit hours for your gpa...

So it's a long shot but still something I might consider when the right time comes

I wanted to just stick with DO schools but people keep telling me since I'm an URM, I should still try for MD schools. So I guess I'll be doing both.

I'm working real hard getting that sGPA higher and higher.

I'm planning on taking Calculus 1 later on but was considering taking Contemporary Mathematics 1 for summer 2 as a GPA booster and to get my mind back into math. My trig is years old; did real well but it's now in the cobb webs of the mind :oops:

Any advice if that's a good idea? My sGPA is 3.13, cGPA 3.6. I still have physics II (which I'm still not sold on algebra-based physics ~ I really tanked my GPA there ~ chem, ochem and bio 2 to do, along with calculus...have A's in biology and genetics so far...:thumbup:

Thanks!!

My issue is that most of the classes I got C's in were upper division (300/400) level courses that I took at a University in another city. I guess I'll just have to just take a bunch of classes locally and build the GPA up instead of using grade replacement :(

Wait...*heart stops* Does grade replacement not count at a different school or for upper division??

I think I am about to pass out...

:eek::confused: