Bellevue toxicology rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

link2swim06

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any information on the quality of this rotation? I looked through their website but was hoping to get the opinion of someone who went through it recently.

I'm an intern now at a different program and was considering doing it as an away rotation next year to try to figure out if I want to do a tox fellowship at some point.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any direct experience with the rotation itself, but know a lot of the toxicology faculty. Really nice peeps, really smart.

Can't speak to the service, though.

-d

Very high yield rotation. Consistently one of the favorites among residents rotating there in my experience. If you are interested in tox as a fellowship I would contact them. You can also go to the monthly consultant's conference (first Thursday of every month, 2p-4p) which is open to everyone and very informative. The next one is tomorrow.

It's a good rotation but there is a certain degree of scut work involved. Mornings consist of "callbacks" which is calling NYC hospitals about NYPCC consultations (e.g. vital signs, patient progress and disposition, patient lab results etc). The real learning / interesting stuff occurs in the afternoon when you can listen to Nelson et all lecture on interesting cases and topics. Unfortunately there is no bedside teaching.

Like shookwell said the monthly consultant conference is great, you get to hear about all the crazy cases in NYC for the month.

I attached the first page of the rotation manual for you to peruse.

Attachments

• NYPCC2015.pdf
    729.3 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: 1 user