This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc.leri*

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! Looking to start a group to get BTB discount. PM or email me if interested
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I love how BTB people come on here pretending to be students with only 1 or 2 posts.

It's still waaay overpriced. Don't waste your money. You can get more questions for much less with individual or group discounts with others, like Psych Boards Prep (which it seems is written by psychiatrists which I personally prefer).

Reactions: 1 user
This happens every year. Wish there was a way to prevent it.

I agree, a few folks I know tried BTB and didn't have a good experience. Psychiatry Boards Prep is relatively new, but the best out there I think being run and built by certified psychiatrists. I also tried BoardVitals which has tons of random psych questions, but their neurology is not good enough I think. PBP has more vignettes than BoardVitals.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a BTB troll or anything, I just rarely, to not say never, post. I was/am actually looking for a group to get a discount. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
I agree that it is overpriced and thus would not buy it if I'm not able to get a group discount. Which exactly is the Psychiatry Boards prep you are referring to? I have seen the BoardVitals, MGH and Oakstone ones and would definitely be willing to look at other alternatives. Thanks!

I'm actually looking for a beat the boards group for the discount. Feel free to check all my old posts for those people who always seem to find a need to answer every post with their opinion.

I am not a BTB troll or anything, I just rarely, to not say never, post. I was/am actually looking for a group to get a discount. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
I agree that it is overpriced and thus would not buy it if I'm not able to get a group discount. Which exactly is the Psychiatry Boards prep you are referring to? I have seen the BoardVitals, MGH and Oakstone ones and would definitely be willing to look at other alternatives. Thanks!

Thanks for being open about it. As a resident I try to protect us from predatory companies.

So I did some research into different board prep companies, and there's this new one called Psychiatry Boards Prep built by real psychiatrists that just came out I think last year and residents who used it said its the closest thing to real board exam questions. Psychiatrists who wrote questions for national exams write for them. I found their pricing to be very reasonable considering you get lots of questions and vignettes cause they will give you a discount if you ask for one. You don't need to be a group to get their discount, just an individual if you ask. I feel like they are all about us passing and not about squeezing out money from us which is refreshing.

You can PM me if you have more questions to keep this a more neutral board.

Last edited:
If anyone wants in we have around 11 people in our group. We need around 50 to get the 50% off

I really enjoyed the videos and the notes. Helped me conceptualize all the neuro tumors and the neuropathology. Gave me confidence. Did not enjoy the questions, too easy.

I really enjoyed the videos and the notes. Helped me conceptualize all the neuro tumors and the neuropathology. Gave me confidence. Did not enjoy the questions, too easy.
We have a group of 17 currently. If anyone wants in send me your email. We're going to buy it in a couple of days