Bcps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to study for BCPS? How did you approach it? Any advice?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Results were released 11/17 last year and 11/22 in 2013. We can hope! This wait is driving me insane. It would definitely make an awesome early Christmas gift (if I pass).

I'll be attending Midyear as a residency preceptor (the last time I went I was a student) so finding out sooner rather than later (business cards, posters, etc.) would be great!

This is now on the BPS website:

Fall 2015 Exam Scores Available This Week
Scores for the Fall 2015 examination are scheduled to be released on a rolling basis through close of business Wednesday, November 25th under the following schedule:

Friday, November 20th: Nuclear Pharmacy and Nutrition Support scores released by close of business
Monday, November 23rd: Critical Care and Pediatrics scores released by close of business
Tuesday, November 24th: Pharmacotherapy scores released by close of business
Wednesday, November 25th: Ambulatory Care, Oncology and Psychiatric scores released by close of business

I didn't get an email yet but I logged on MyBPS and my score report was there for BCCCP...I passed!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I passed BCCCP too! Did same thing...no email...just happened to be checking the mybps site. Did a lot better than i thought. Would have been happy with 501! I wonder how many took vs passed BCCCP this yr....

Reactions: 1 user
So i have to buy these. and take the test and answer them. and Do i turn in the answers to BCPS ?? and what if i don't pass the test at the end ? Can i just take them again ? and re-send in the answers ?
Theres also many offerings from ASHP now...and you can do the PSAP from ACCP...but they also allow you (i think twice during the 7 yr recertification cycle) to do the pharmacotherapy prep course for BCPS recert credit (the one that ppl use to study for the exam). So there are a lot more choices than just PSAP now.

It is! I am so excited, I can barely concentrate at work!
Same here! The last few hours seem like a blur. Now I can stop obsessively refreshing the BPS pages:soexcited: That was the longest 51 days of my life!!

I passed BCCCP too! Did same thing...no email...just happened to be checking the mybps site. Did a lot better than i thought. Would have been happy with 501! I wonder how many took vs passed BCCCP this yr....
I did better than I thought too! I wonder if we'll have to wait until they release one of the bulletins regarding stats for how many took vs. how many passed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am happy the results for BCACP are going to be out early, but how exactly am I supposed to focus at work?! Lol. I will think about nothing else!

The MyBPS portal is down. The Board should have realized this would happen. People are checking even if it isn't their day.

I did better than I thought too! I wonder if we'll have to wait until they release one of the bulletins regarding stats for how many took vs. how many passed?
Yes...likely..i think those usually come out at the beginning of the year....so more waiting....easier this time though!

This is now on the BPS website:

Fall 2015 Exam Scores Available This Week
Scores for the Fall 2015 examination are scheduled to be released on a rolling basis through close of business Wednesday, November 25th under the following schedule:

Friday, November 20th: Nuclear Pharmacy and Nutrition Support scores released by close of business
Monday, November 23rd: Critical Care and Pediatrics scores released by close of business
Tuesday, November 24th: Pharmacotherapy scores released by close of business
Wednesday, November 25th: Ambulatory Care, Oncology and Psychiatric scores released by close of business

I didn't get an email yet but I logged on MyBPS and my score report was there for BCCCP...I passed!!

Congrats! A buddy of mine let me know that he passed BCCCP as well- CONGRATS!!! I took the BCPS exam so I have another day of waiting, but at least I know when it will drop by!!!

Congrats! A buddy of mine let me know that he passed BCCCP as well- CONGRATS!!! I took the BCPS exam so I have another day of waiting, but at least I know when it will drop by!!!
Thanks! If you're anything like me you'll be checking your BPS page all night and morning until it shows. I just received my email from BPS at 1:10pm but my page had the results when I refreshed it at 10:30am. Best of luck :)

Thanks! If you're anything like me you'll be checking your BPS page all night and morning until it shows. I just received my email from BPS at 1:10pm but my page had the results when I refreshed it at 10:30am. Best of luck :)

No doubt. I am a typical OCD pharmacist! haha

Again, just to confirm, you found the results under "The Recent Or Upcoming Exams" section. Currently, my Exam ID, Exam Type, Purpose, Location, Status, and Action sections are listed. I currently have a "View Instructions" link available (so obviously nothing yet).

Again, just to confirm, you found the results under "The Recent Or Upcoming Exams" section. Currently, my Exam ID, Exam Type, Purpose, Location, Status, and Action sections are listed. I currently have a "View Instructions" link available (so obviously nothing yet).
Yes, before the score report was available it said upcoming exams and listed the CC exam and had "view instructions" to the right of that. Once the results were available it is still under recent/upcoming exams but it lists where you took the exam and has a link to the score report. One thing I failed to notice initially was that directly to the left of the score report link it said "passed".

Yes, before the score report was available it said upcoming exams and listed the CC exam and had "view instructions" to the right of that. Once the results were available it is still under recent/upcoming exams but it lists where you took the exam and has a link to the score report. One thing I failed to notice initially was that directly to the left of the score report link it said "passed".

Awesome- thanks. I'm just glad we will know early- big relief. Hope I passed this thing! I basically camped out at Starbucks for a few months. The staff there is even asking if I passed this thing!

Awesome- thanks. I'm just glad we will know early- big relief. Hope I passed this thing! I basically camped out at Starbucks for a few months. The staff there is even asking if I passed this thing!

Haha you know its serious when the staff want to know if you passed! Good luck to everyone waiting on BCPS tomorrow. I am sure you all passed

So did you study alot for the exam ?? How many weeks did you study ? and did you only study from Prep materials ? and i am thinking they passed more people this time since this is 1st time exam. and these certification doesn't mean that much, not as much as you think it does.

I did the same thing at a local coffee house and they were very supportive. Now I can finally tell them that taking up one of their spots paid off :) My husband is teasing me saying I can stop obtaining letters to go after my name...he thinks PharmD, BCPS and BCCCP is enough.

I did the same thing at a local coffee house and they were very supportive. Now I can finally tell them that taking up one of their spots paid off :) My husband is teasing me saying I can stop obtaining letters to go after my name...he thinks PharmD, BCPS and BCCCP is enough.

Next stop for me is CNSC. Certified Nutrition Support Clinician. One of our nutritionists convinced me to take the test as we start up a nutrition support service.

Haha. After seeing them (nearly every night for a month and some change) you get to know the employees pretty well. I saw them more than I saw my wife!

Tell your husband you are better because of it! Lol. I think obtaining new certifications and education (for the right reasons) helps in this competitive job market/opens doors. I took a few months off from working on my MBA (I finish in April) to tackle this exam. If you know where you're going, the training and education behind the letters help!

Haha. After seeing them (nearly every night for a month and some change) you get to know the employees pretty well. I saw them more than I saw my wife!

Tell your husband you are better because of it! Lol. I think obtaining new certifications and education (for the right reasons) helps in this competitive job market/opens doors. I took a few months off from working on my MBA (I finish in April) to tackle this exam. If you know where you're going, the training and education behind the letters help!

Oh, I know! My husband was so happy that I could finally put the notecards and notes down after sitting for the exam. He asked if he could burn them (he was joking) and I told him not before I found out my results. He is just teasing about "all of the letters" and he is extremely proud of me. I think achieving and maintaining the certifications makes you a much better clinician as well as helping in the job market.

So, did you get your results yet??

Oh, I know! My husband was so happy that I could finally put the notecards and notes down after sitting for the exam. He asked if he could burn them (he was joking) and I told him not before I found out my results. He is just teasing about "all of the letters" and he is extremely proud of me. I think achieving and maintaining the certifications makes you a much better clinician as well as helping in the job market.

Blah just called BPS ... they're releasing results in alphabetical order -.- ... so I still have a ways to wait.

Last edited:
wow..this is one of the longest waits...and record number of refresh i have done to a website..hear them

<<"Pharmacotherapy score uploads are taking longer than anticipated. We expect that all scores will be uploaded by midnight EST. You will receive an email when your score has been posted. BPS apologizes for the delay">>

PASSED BCPS!!!! Found out earlier today-unbelieveable relief. Good luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 3 users
its 10.15pm EST, still no email yet, and no update about the BCPS result. For those who have seen theirs, you are all so lucky...still waiting and refreshing my page..cant rest until i know..lol

its 10.15pm EST, still no email yet, and no update about the BCPS result. For those who have seen theirs, you are all so lucky...still waiting and refreshing my page..cant rest until i know..lol

Praying that they come out soon. Hang in there and let us know when you know you passed!

Still waiting here too ... ugh this is annoying! =\

Same here, got the long AWAITED email, took loooong to sign in and then the scores are not there..wow BPS

Same. after a long day of waiting, I finally got the email. After 30 min struggling to log in ( HR over 100 at this point) Still no result. This is unacceptable and cruel