Program-Specific Info / Q's Bay Path 2016-2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just thought I'd let you guys know... When I declined my spot I got an automated message that Maggie will be out of the office until the 28th.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Would you be willing to share your stats?
Sure. I have my undergrad from there with a 3.9 And 4.0 in my pre reqs. I do not have observation hours, but I did have great references from present OT' s and professors. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else been accepted off the waitlist yet, or know if the program is filled?
I'm still waiting to hear back. But I spoke to Maggie and she said that a lot of people were declining their acceptance, so at this point it's hard to tell.

I'm still waiting to hear back. But I spoke to Maggie and she said that a lot of people were declining their acceptance, so at this point it's hard to tell.

Do you think they are waiting until April 10th to start offering spots to people waitlisted?

Do you think they are waiting until April 10th to start offering spots to people waitlisted?

I definitely think so because they are waiting to see all the students who have accepted or declined their spot on the waitlist. When the deadline passes, it will be easier to tabulate those who are still interested in the program.

What is the significance of April 10? Is that the deadline for those who were accepted to send in their deposits?

What is the significance of April 10? Is that the deadline for those who were accepted to send in their deposits?

It's the deadline to submit the waitlist offer form.

Last edited:
Those if you waitlisted-do you all have the date of 4/10 to notify them if you want to stay on the waitlist?

Mine's weird-I received my email 3/15 and it said I had until 3/10 to let them know if I want to stay on the waitlist. I sent the form back to Maggie questioning the date but all she said was that I was all set.

That's why I questioned it with Maggie but she didn't answer the question--just said I was all set. If everyone else's said 4/10 then it makes sense it was a typo.

Has anyone contacted Bay Path to see where they fall on the waitlist or have heard anything back yet!?

I figured we wouldn't know anything until tomorrow at the earliest. I'm assuming they're giving people today to submit the waitlist form. I'm really hoping they let us know SOMETHING by the end of this week. This waitlist game has been exhausting.

Caved and emailed Bay Path to see if they are telling people waitlist ranks. I will let you all know what I hear back.

Caved and emailed Bay Path to see if they are telling people waitlist ranks. I will let you all know what I hear back.

Received a response already!
"Hi-

It is still hard for me to pin point, but you are definitely within the top 1/3 of students on the list."

Not much information, but it's something I guess. ‍♀️

Don't accepted students begin in the summer? I hope we get notified soon. That's hardly any time to prepare...

Classes start 7/31.

I received a phone call yesterday from Maggie telling me of my acceptance off the waitlist. She emailed me info and I had 24 hours to accept or not and submit a $300 deposit. I declined because I will be attending elsewhere. Hopefully that opens a spot for someone :)

Reactions: 4 users
Classes start 7/31.

I received a phone call yesterday from Maggie telling me of my acceptance off the waitlist. She emailed me info and I had 24 hours to accept or not and submit a $300 deposit. I declined because I will be attending elsewhere. Hopefully that opens a spot for someone :)

Were you only given 24 hours to submit the deposit? Best of luck in your program of choice!!

GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!! I literally can't believe this. I am so humbled and grateful for this. Good luck to everyone else, hopefully you guys will get good news as well!

Reactions: 4 users
Were you only given 24 hours to submit the deposit? Best of luck in your program of choice!!

Pretty much. She attached a form to give credit card info unless you wanted to mail a check.

Thanks!

Congrats to the people accepted off the waitlist! Would you guys mind posting your stats? I'm starting to get worried

Congrats to the people accepted off the waitlist! Would you guys mind posting your stats? I'm starting to get worried

Sure! I had a 3.5 cum. GPA & about 3.3 pre req. CPR & first aide certified, worked as a lifeguard, currently work as a one to one aide with a child with special needs. Part of the national gerontology honor society, also a part of various clubs in my undergrad (Pre-OT, Health Science, Autism). I had 40 hours volunteering at a nursing home, 20 hours mentoring a college student with special needs, total of about 150 hours in OT observation hours in 3 different settings: rehab hospital, pediatric, & outpatient clinic.

Does anyone know if the class is completely filled yet?
I think it is. I emailed Maggie asking her about my position on the waitlist and although she said I was in a good position, she said that she didn't have any opportunities for me right now. I'm assuming this means that the class is full. Has anyone else heard anything?

I think it is. I emailed Maggie asking her about my position on the waitlist and although she said I was in a good position, she said that she didn't have any opportunities for me right now. I'm assuming this means that the class is full. Has anyone else heard anything?
She told me the exact same thing. I wish she would just say whether or not I will get in.

Received an acceptance email this morning. Will most likely be declining. Hope this might open up a spot for someone else waiting! Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
hello to students currently attending Bay Path for OT,

how is your experience at Bay path? would you recommend prospective students to attend the school? is it worth all that $ and do you feel that your professors meet and fufill you and your classmates standards? i know that no grad program is perfect but i do not want to waste my time nor $! I would greatly appreciate your honesty! Also are the professors understanding (that their students actually have lives outside of school, work and family commitments). Do they schedule all of their exams, tests, and practicals on the same day / week. Lastly would you recommend other students to attend Bay Path for OT based on your experience?
***I want honest answers plz, you can pm too***

all the best and good luck!

hello to students currently attending Bay Path for OT,

how is your experience at Bay path? would you recommend prospective students to attend the school? is it worth all that $ and do you feel that your professors meet and fufill you and your classmates standards? i know that no grad program is perfect but i do not want to waste my time nor $! I would greatly appreciate your honesty! Also are the professors understanding (that their students actually have lives outside of school, work and family commitments). Do they schedule all of their exams, tests, and practicals on the same day / week. Lastly would you recommend other students to attend Bay Path for OT based on your experience?
***I want honest answers plz, you can pm too***

all the best and good luck!

Hello...I just messaged you. I am not a student but I did reach out to a few who gave me their input...:cyclops:

Hello...I just messaged you. I am not a student but I did reach out to a few who gave me their input...:cyclops:

Hi FORUMGAL123,
I was wondering if you might be able to share some of the information about Bay Path that you've gotten with me as well.. I've been trying to get some information as I'm making my final decisions, and just wanted to hear from people that seem to have some information! PM is fine, if you can! Thank you!

Hi FORUMGAL123,
I was wondering if you might be able to share some of the information about Bay Path that you've gotten with me as well.. I've been trying to get some information as I'm making my final decisions, and just wanted to hear from people that seem to have some information! PM is fine, if you can! Thank you!

Of course. I'll message you when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I turned down my acceptance today so hopefully someone will receive an acceptance from the waitlist! Best of luck!!

I received an acceptance call and email today !
I'll be attending .

Is there anyone still waiting to hear back from the waitlist?

I'm still waiting as well. I spoke with Maggie and she said they offer spots up until mid july. So there's still hope.

Hi, I'm applying for the 2017-2018 cycle and have been keeping track of this thread. Does anyone know how many students were accepted to this cohort? Thanks!

Hi, I'm applying for the 2017-2018 cycle and have been keeping track of this thread. Does anyone know how many students were accepted to this cohort? Thanks!

There are 136 students in the class of 2019. Roughly 40 of those are rising BA/MOT students, meaning their spots in the program were already secured. It was a 20% acceptance rate this last cycle. Hope that helps!