Program-Specific Info / Q's Bay Path 2016-2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted this morning!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats!!! Do you mind posting what your stats were?

Thanks!

GPA: 3.4
Prereq GPA: 4.0
Observation hours: 220+ hours in 4 settings
Volunteer experience: Served 1700+ hours in AmeriCorps program, 3-week service trip to Guatemala, literacy tutor
Work experience: 1 year working with kids at an alternative school, after school nanny, other unrelated office and restaurant jobs

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!

Volunteer experience: Served 1700+ hours in AmeriCorps program, 3-week service trip to Guatemala, literacy tutor
Work experience: 1 year working with kids at an alternative school, after school nanny, other unrelated office and restaurant jobs

Good luck everyone!

Is Bay Path your top choice? It's one of mine due to location and length of program. I haven't heard anything yet though.

Thanks!

Good luck everyone!

Will you be attending? Haven't heard back yet but Maggie told me by next week. Hoping I get in someplace elsewhere though...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Will you be attending? Haven't heard back yet but Maggie told me by next week. Hoping I get in someplace elsewhere though...

@FINGERS_CROSSED
It was one of my top choices, but I have already committed to another program which starts a little earlier. I didn't think Bay Path would take this long! I will probably be declining next week. I've also heard very mixed things about the program, which made me a little unsure about it altogether. It was very nice of Maggie to call and personally congratulate me though- she is awesome! Have you guys heard back from any other schools?

Last edited:

CONGRATS on getting into more than one school! Yea she's very responsive compared to other admin assistants/reps from other schools. I just got contacted from Towson today for an interview. Made their first screening! I'm really happy because I heard they are pretty cut throat with GPA and stats for the initial screening. I'm still waiting on quite a few schools. Most aren't rolling so it will be quite awhile to hear back...

Has everyone been accepted via phone?

@FINGERS_CROSSED
It was one of my top choices, but I have already committed to another program which starts a little earlier. I didn't think Bay Path would take this long! I will probably be declining next week. I've also heard very mixed things about the program, which made me a little unsure about it altogether. It was very nice of Maggie to call and personally congratulate me though- she is awesome! Have you guys heard back from any other schools?

what mixed things have you heard?

Congratulations!! May I ask when did u apply?
I applied in December and haven't heard anything yet...
I applied in December as well and I emailed Maggie yesterday, she said all decisions will come out within the next 2 weeks, they are still reviewing many of the applications

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many applicants they got this year? I know last year was about 375

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many applicants they got this year? I know last year was about 375

When I went to the Open House in the fall Maggie said there were around 600 applicants. I received my letter of acceptance yesterday via email.

GPA 3.65, prerequisites about the same, only 24 shadowing hours but also worked as a special needs nanny in college and volunteered quite a bit.

Good luck everyone!! 99% sure I will be attending :)

Gaahhh it's freaking me out that I haven't heard back yet since it was my top choice. I emailed Maggie last week and she said due to the high number of applicants, it was taking longer than they expected. Anyone else still waiting?

Gaahhh it's freaking me out that I haven't heard back yet since it was my top choice. I emailed Maggie last week and she said due to the high number of applicants, it was taking longer than they expected. Anyone else still waiting?

Haven't heard back either. Hopefully we hear back soon.

I haven't heard back either :/

When I went to the Open House in the fall Maggie said there were around 600 applicants. I received my letter of acceptance yesterday via email.

GPA 3.65, prerequisites about the same, only 24 shadowing hours but also worked as a special needs nanny in college and volunteered quite a bit.

Wow 600 applicants, that's a big jump from 370. When did you apply by? Congrats on the acceptance btw!

Wow 600 applicants, that's a big jump from 370. When did you apply by? Congrats on the acceptance btw!

Thank you! I think I had everything in the week before Christmas. At least Bay Path's cohort is significantly larger than most schools so that's something to keep in mind!

Jw if anybody knows how much the deposit amount would be? ?

congrats on getting in! do you know how big the cohort is typically?

Has anyone else heard back yet? The more time that passes, the more nervous I'm getting

I still haven't heard anything yet, but submitted my application super late in the game. I think every school has been super late with admissions decisions, so I don't think it's anything to be particularly concerned about. I'm going to wait until the end of next week to inquire about mine.

Haven't heard either. Maggie told me end of this week or next.

Haven't heard either. Maggie told me end of this week or next.

I emailed Maggie today and she said the emails should be out in the next few weeks. Hopefully its sooner than later.

JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER! SO EXCITED!

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations Rehabtech1226 and FORUMGAL123!!!

Would you guys mind sharing your stats and volunteer work?

I'm still waiting to here, keeping positive☺️

Congrats! Is there a timeline in which you need to respond to either accept or decline your offer?

Hi! Thanks!!! Two weeks from today to accept. I'm so happy as this is the first school I hear back from.

Pre-req: 4.0
Overall: 3.59
Last 60units : prob 3.8ish

Volunteer: 3 settings over 200hrs

Good luck everyone! Hope you guys hear soon :)

Congratulations Rehabtech1226 and FORUMGAL123!!!

Would you guys mind sharing your stats and volunteer work?

I'm still waiting to here, keeping positive☺️

Thank you!!

GPA- 3.55
Prereq GPA- 3.7
20 hours at an elementary school, 12 hours at a medical pediatric daycare, full-time rehab tech since march 2016 at a senior living facility with residents coming down as outpatients for pt, ot, slp as well as an attached sub-acute skilled nursing facility for residents who live here and outside members back from the hospital. Volunteered with the Special Olympics weekly for one semester & briefly volunteered with adults with spinal disabilities for swimming lessons

So happy for you guys! I spoke with Maggie earlier this week and she notified me that I will find out next week. Hope to hear back some good news!

Do you guys plan on attending?

Good luck!! I hope you receive good news! I am most likely attending

I am most likely attending as well! Just waiting to hear back from Springfield College

I am most likely attending as well! Just waiting to hear back from Springfield College
Not sure if this was posted on the thread earlier. But when did you receive your acceptance letter. Congrats!

And I am also waiting for Springfield. I think we find out the end of this month.

Not sure if this was posted on the thread earlier. But when did you receive your acceptance letter. Congrats!

And I am also waiting for Springfield. I think we find out the end of this month.
I just heard back today! But yeah I hope we find out sooner rather than later, I know back in February they said 4-6 weeks from then

I declined the offer so that should open up another spot! And it doesn't seem like they are sending out all acceptances at once so I wouldn't worry!