Program-Specific Info / Q's Bay Path 2016-2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiveLoveOT1217

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying/applied to this program ?

Members don't see this ad.

I am! Submitted my application online but need to send in transcripts and personal statement. Are you from MA? Im from CA

I applied! Just need to send updated transcripts for the end and of this semester.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I am! Submitted my application online but need to send in transcripts and personal statement. Are you from MA? Im from CA

Same! I'm trying to have everything else submitted before xmas.. But oh wow CA, awesome! I've always wanted to take a trip out there... I'm from NY. Where else are you applying to?

Same! I'm trying to have everything else submitted before xmas.. But oh wow CA, awesome! I've always wanted to take a trip out there... I'm from NY. Where else are you applying to?

Cool. Ive been to New York its amazing out there. Minus the traffic which I believe is worse than LA lol. I applied to Texas Tech, was going to apply to SUNY but the area is not the safest and they don't have student housing. Thinking of Columbia, Towson, Springfield and maybe Midwestern. What about you?

Cool. Ive been to New York its amazing out there. Minus the traffic which I believe is worse than LA lol. I applied to Texas Tech, was going to apply to SUNY but the area is not the safest and they don't have student housing. Thinking of Columbia, Towson, Springfield and maybe Midwestern. What about you?

Okay cool! I applied to Seton Hall, NYU, Columbia, D'Youville, St. Catherine's. I may apply to West Coast, depends if I get any acceptances before March. I was going to apply to Midwestern but I heard they already started wait listing ppl then the 100k debt plus living costs out just wasn't worth it for me. Hopefully something will work out for us!

How many are accepted per year at bay path?

How many are accepted per year at bay path?
I believe that they have 120 seats to fill each year. Seems like a lot compared to other schools, but I know they break it up into 3 cohorts so you are only with 40 students.

I applied to Bay Path too! Im super nervous because I decided to only apply here this year..I know we have until March but I'm hoping sooner!

Anyone hear from any schools they've applied to at all yet ? I saw in last years thread for Bay Path some heard at the end of January. I wonder if they'll give some early acceptances again

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from any schools they've applied to at all yet ? I saw in last years thread for Bay Path some heard at the end of January. I wonder if they'll give some early acceptances again
No I haven't heard anything back yet :/

Does anyone know or have spoken to Bay path directly to find out when they are going to start sending out acceptance letters for the 2017 mot program?

Does anyone know or have spoken to Bay path directly to find out when they are going to start sending out acceptance letters for the 2017 mot program?
When I went to an open house in September I know Maggie stated they wuld like to have decisions out by end of February- early March

I applied wayyy back in early September...almost forgot I even applied here lol. Other than the occasional junk email, I haven't heard a peep!

I applied! The anticipation is killing me! I too remember hearing that we would find out the first week of March...

I was just on their website and I don't see the part-time option listed anymore. Did they ax that?!

I applied! The anticipation is killing me! I too remember hearing that we would find out the first week of March...

I was just on their website and I don't see the part-time option listed anymore. Did they ax that?!
Me too! It should be any week now hopefully! I never knew that they had a part time program, I only heard of the two year mot program?

Me too! It should be any week now hopefully! I never knew that they had a part time program, I only heard of the two year mot program?

Hey! Yes, Bay Path has/had a part-time 3 year program that was two days a week for two years, then the third year full time. It looked like a nice option for students needing to keep as many hours as possible with their job (like me!!) so I wonder what the change is!

I have a super random question. Does anyone know the approximate amount of time that students spend on work outside the classroom? I asked Maggie and she was super vague, saying it's dependent upon each student. I'm just wondering should I expect less than 20 hours a week or more or even less....has anyone spoken to a person in the program about it?

I have a super random question. Does anyone know the approximate amount of time that students spend on work outside the classroom? I asked Maggie and she was super vague, saying it's dependent upon each student. I'm just wondering should I expect less than 20 hours a week or more or even less....has anyone spoken to a person in the program about it?
I have a friend in the program now I can try asking her. I'm not sure at all it probably is dependent on the student. Did you get accepted yet!?

I have a friend in the program now I can try asking her. I'm not sure at all it probably is dependent on the student. Did you get accepted yet!?
Thanks Cali!

No I haven't heard yet but the waiting is making me overthink everything! :)

Everytime I get an email from Bay Path my heart stops.... and then I see it's just an advertisement for their webinar series. Argh!! Hope we all hear back soon! :D

Reactions: 2 users
Everytime I get an email from Bay Path my heart stops.... and then I see it's just an advertisement for their webinar series. Argh!! Hope we all hear back soon! :D

That happened to me too! The suspense.....!!

Accepted this morning!!!!! Anyone else? :) good luck to all

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get accepted yet!?

Does anyone know how many they are accepting this year?

I was under the impression that it's around 100 students. I thought that's what Maggie told me when I called her last summer.

When I visited in the fall, she said they send out around 200 acceptances (but of course not all attend). I know the high acceptance rate had negative impacts on the school the past couple years, so I was just wondering if they would accept less students this time around...

I was under the impression that it's around 100 students. I thought that's what Maggie told me when I called her last summer.
Yeah when I visited in September she said about 140 are accepted and 40 of those spots are taken from students that currently attend there. So it leaves about 100 spots open. Hopefully we'll hear good news soon! #wishfulthinking

Congratssss otgirl2727!
Nothing yet :/ do you mind sharing your stats. Like experience and gpa!

I hope you hear soon! I applied late September so maybe that is why I was earlier.

I had a 3.7 overall, I believe a 3.5 prereq, I had a decent amount of shadowing (70 hours) and have been working has a rehab tech though had other extracurriculars with special needs students and working as a research assistant. Good luck!!!

I am between Bay Path and another school I have yet to hear from, but am very excited :)

Reactions: 1 users
Have any of you spoken to current or former Bay Path OT students about their opinions on the program? It's my top choice school, and when I visited in the fall I got great vibes from the administration. Since then I've read some less than stellar reviews of the school though, and was wondering if any of you have more insight into the program?

I see the pros of the program as being condensed (22 months compared to some MOT programs which are 3 years!), brand new facility, quiet location in a nice town, and it's relatively affordable compared to a lot of schools. Anyone see any major cons?

I still have not heard back yet regarding admission. I've been checking my email almost obsessively lol. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Same here. Waiting to hopefully hear good news! I really like that it's only a two year program.

Does anyone have a sense of how filled the class is at this point?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have a sense of how filled the class is at this point?
No :(
I'm not sure if they sent out many acceptance letters so far because when I talked to Maggie she mentioned that all acceptance letters will go out the first week of March. She said that sometimes a few acceptance letters go out before then but I'm not sure. Let's just all pray for the best It seems like they are taking awhile this year because most schools already made their decisions!

Reactions: 2 users
No :(
I'm not sure if they sent out many acceptance letters so far because when I talked to Maggie she mentioned that all acceptance letters will go out the first week of March. She said that sometimes a few acceptance letters go out before then but I'm not sure. Let's just all pray for the best It seems like they are taking awhile this year because most schools already made their decisions!
Has anyone heard from Bay path? It's the only school that I haven't heard from!

Don't accepted students begin in the summer? I hope we get notified soon. That's hardly any time to prepare...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile