basic officer training (hpsp)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theonlytycrane

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what stuffs does this entail?

military history, uniforms, shooting m16's, nav, and camping?

Members don't see this ad.

No seriously, it involves satisfying the arbitrary whim of some MSC officer by doing a ton of crap one time that you'll never do again. Like fake qualifying on a range and fake land navigation and eating real MREs to get real constipation

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No seriously, it involves satisfying the arbitrary whim of some MSC officer by doing a ton of crap one time that you'll never do again. Like fake qualifying on a range and fake land navigation and eating real MREs to get real constipation
Only in the Army. The Navy focuses on much more essential military skills like close order drill and... that's it. No land nav, no range, no camping. There was supposed to be physical fitness but at mine so many people were getting hurt that they said f- it and did yoga instead.

You had every weekend off in Rhode island, though. That was nice.

Reactions: 1 user
You get to go swimming in the Navy, but mostly treading water. The Army made me swim in mud as they wanted a squid to get the full effect.

This is the most recent video from HPSP boot camp:

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Army AMEDD BOLC pt instructional video, captured at most recent class.

haha I was being serious. Any army HPSP peeps know what this includes?

Well -- the first day is easy/cheesy -- 10 mile ruck march --- it's the rest of it that gets rough --- going without a microwave, eating chow hall food, being forced to drink Budweiser rather than Dortmunder Union, dancing only with members of the opposite sex rated at 7-8 rather than 10s all the time, sleeping in until 7 and no maid service...really bites ---

It's a modified OTS/OCS -- most of the services recognize you're doing this to pay off your loans and only a moderate amount every serve to 20 -- you're not joining an infantry battalion as a trigger puller or doing an IBS infiltration of North Korea to off Mr. Pudgy...I do know of some Navy FM docs who wound up in Fallujah (IIRC) and got the bronze star (don't know if it was with V device) and they were on convoys to remote sites -- part of the deal.

A retired E7 once told me," Son, if you're not ready to come out of there one of 3 ways -- zipped up in a bag, missing something or the way you went in -- don't go because you're going to get good men killed" -- think about it....

A retired E7 once told me," Son, if you're not ready to come out of there one of 3 ways -- zipped up in a bag, missing something or the way you went in -- don't go because you're going to get good men killed" -- think about it....

Also true of a routine procedure at the VA. The fun never stops for our service members.