Basic Officer Leaders Course (BOLC) Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDOWell

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy Fellow Patriots~

I was wondering if I could get in contact with anyone who has recently undergone or is undergoing the Basic Officer Leaders Course (BOLC) for the U.S. Army?

My recruiter just went on 2 week vacation, and I'm aiming to do my BOLC before my actual Med Schooling and would love to have someone to converse with about some ins and outs as soon as possible.

Thanks for the time and consideration <3

Members don't see this ad.

You will need to attend the Direct Commission Course (DCC) first. The tentative schedule for the DCC is that there will be two classes offered to HPSP/USUHS students next summer. One in June and one in July. It is best that you do attend prior to the start of your graduate study. You must make sure that you tell your recruiter (and not a bad idea to call the HPSP office 877-MED-ARMY) once you have been selected, scrolled and oathed for the scholarship that you intend to participate in 2018. Those who want to attend prior to the start of med school have a priority on their packet being processed.

Reactions: 2 users
Howdy Fellow Patriots~

I was wondering if I could get in contact with anyone who has recently undergone or is undergoing the Basic Officer Leaders Course (BOLC) for the U.S. Army?

My recruiter just went on 2 week vacation, and I'm aiming to do my BOLC before my actual Med Schooling and would love to have someone to converse with about some ins and outs as soon as possible.

Thanks for the time and consideration <3
Check out the OBC sticky on the front page, that was the former name of BOLC.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell is the dcc?

The DCC is a four week prerequisite to BOLC. Think of it like in the old days of BOLC-A and BOLC-B. It's at Fort Sill instead of Fort Sam, and is a short course on the very basics like wearing the uniform, who to salute and when and the "mandatory" stuff like cyber terrorism and such.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

So now students have to go to Fort Sill and THEN go to Fort Sam? This seems more costly for the military and a bigger burden for students.

Everyone knows the most efficient way to teach someone something is to do it several years before they'll need to do anything with the knowledge and to spread out over as many places and times as possible.

Everyone knows the most efficient way to teach someone something is to do it several years before they'll need to do anything with the knowledge and to spread out over as many places and times as possible.

I still don't know if I'm supposed to wear my cover when driving.

Reactions: 3 users
Everyone.
Not quite everyone, right? If HPSP/USUHS participants have already participated in a pre-commissioning program like ROTC or USMA they do not have to complete the DCC. Additionally, aren't those that already attended BOLC for another AOC (signal, aviation, ...) exempt from the DCC and BOLC?

Yeah, and technically the RC and NG have a different DCC. But 95% of those considering HPSP or USU will need to attend DCC.

Yeah, and technically the RC and NG have a different DCC. But 95% of those considering HPSP or USU will need to attend DCC.

What about those who have never attended BOLC (not sure how that happens) but have been AD for several years already? Trying to figure out how long my incoming personnel will be absent for.

The determination was made some time ago by the Army G-3-5-7 that the DCC applies to everyone (with those few noted exceptions) who enters (executes an oath of office) the Army after 1 October 2016. Anyone who had executed an oath prior to that is supposed to be grtandfathered. As I understand it, the draft version of AR 350-1 is out for staffing and should be published shortly.

There are sessions that specify active or reserve component on the DCC course page currently, but the reserve component sessions were cancelled. We're all in the same classes this year, at least.

There are sessions that specify active or reserve component on the DCC course page currently, but the reserve component sessions were cancelled. We're all in the same classes this year, at least.

Is this the case for 2018 / 2019 still? Or have RC DCC courses been added?