B&B dental study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enamel88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who have taken their boards and passed use B&B dental? Was it sufficient alone?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who have taken their boards and passed use B&B dental? Was it sufficient alone?
I took the NBDE Part 1 last year using B&B Dental. I loved B&B because I thought it did a great job at narrowing down what was the most important content to focus on when studying. I had a few weeks to study for the exam after classes ended, and B&B did a good job at highlighting important points and concepts through their videos and textbook. For me, it was a great program to utilize. I think it could be beneficial for anyone who has limited study time and needs help narrowing down the information to focus on the main points that you will be tested on for the NBDE Part 1. I also used the Boards Mastery App with B&B, but I think B&B had mentioned that they were creating their own version of the Mastery App for students to use. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Is B & B dental with first aid as a reference to the key points a good idea?

Yea. I used B&B as the primary material with first aid as a reference. HOwever, I did go over the head and neck anatomy portion of the first aid which I thought was helpful. They have helpful charts, which was good. I thought B&B focused on the high yield points and also gives some low yield questions too if you have time. Great material. I wish they would make something for the NBDE II

Thanks! So if I go over the entire B & B dental textbook and understand the majority of it you think that is more than enough to Pass in terms of comprehensively reviewing everything? Also, did B & B anatomy not do it for you or did you just like first aids organization of H & N Anatomy better?

Thanks! So if I go over the entire B & B dental textbook and understand the majority of it you think that is more than enough to Pass in terms of comprehensively reviewing everything? Also, did B & B anatomy not do it for you or did you just like first aids organization of H & N Anatomy better?
I think it does a good job covering everything except for the dental anatomy part. I had a compendium from my upperclassmen that was passed down, which I reviewed so I don't know if the dental anatomy portion of B&B was worth it or not. I thought the anatomy portion was good with B&B but the first aid put some stuff in a chart form, which I lliked better. I would definitely know the high yield material really well. I went over the video materials i'd say 4x before I took my test. My tip is know dental anatomy VERY well because that has the least curve compared to other portions of the test. I think if you do really well on the dental anatomy portion, you have some leeway with other parts of the test.

Okay gotcha. So did you review the entire textbook that comes with the B&B dental or did you watch the videos to focus on the most important stuff with the text in front of you? Did you study 300 Dental Anatomy facts by any chance?