AZPod (Midwestern) Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreAZPod2019

AZPod 2019
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to see who else is joining me in the Midwestern Pod program next summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the student housing is pet friendly (small dog)

They just started a vet school at midwestern this year and the apartments there are pet friendly. Also the sagestone apartments across the street are pet friendly

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They just started a vet school at midwestern this year and the apartments there are pet friendly. Also the sagestone apartments across the street are pet friendly
do they allow non vet students to live there? Thanks! :)

Just got my acceptance! :D My first choice too so I'm really excited. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Congratz for those who will be starting this Fall. Long term lurker..I know the class size is only 30, but would it be too late to submit an application to AZPod now?

Congratz for those who will be starting this Fall. Long term lurker..I know the class size is only 30, but would it be too late to submit an application to AZPod now?
I'm almost positive it would be too late at this point unfortunately. Their class size is just so small. I interviewed at the end of January and they said that our cohort would most likely be the last for admission consideration before they moved onto interviewing for wait list spots.

I'm almost positive it would be too late at this point unfortunately. Their class size is just so small. I interviewed at the end of January and they said that our cohort would most likely be the last for admission consideration before they moved onto interviewing for wait list spots.
I appreciate the reply. At least I know what to expect. Hoping for the best!

Good luck to you new AZPODs! Come out guns a blazin'! MWU is a great education. Get a good study crew, And work like crazy, before you know it, you will be graduating and heading off to residency. If you have any questions or need advice PM me. Just remember it's just medical school, "it's nothing much to crow about!"

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know more about the technology fee of $700? I hear that's for an iPad. When do we get those?

Hey, you are correct. That would be for an iPad unless they changed things since last year. It has the warranty for the entire 4 years as well that is included in the price and a case (yay!). I am a current first year, by the way, if you have any other questions.

Hey, you are correct. That would be for an iPad unless they changed things since last year. It has the warranty for the entire 4 years as well that is included in the price and a case (yay!). I am a current first year, by the way, if you have any other questions.
Cool, thanks for the reply! Do you know if it's the newest model each year or if they just have a bunch of iPads stockpiled? If the latter, I'd rather buy my own because for 700 bucks you can get the newest Air 2 with the most memory.

You know, I am not 100% certain. We got the iPad 2 because the air had just come out shortly before we started. I would assume (maybe wrongly) that it is a more recent one, whatever that happens to be.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Is there a facebook group or page? Where is everyone staying? Anybody looking for a roomate?