AZpod Class of 2021!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Packers4lifeDPM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd make a thread for all my future AZpod classmates!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I am from Wisconsin and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I should move to AZ. Would you recommend just bringing clothes and buying everything when I get down there or is it worth it to pay about $1200-1500 for a moving truck?

I'm going to AZPOD from the East. My plan is to just drive there with the bare essentials (microwave, clothes, mini fridge, etc) and buy everything when I'm there. Travel as light as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks, Second year (going on third in about a month) at Azpod, I moved here from Iowa and my fiancé and I at the time moved everything. IT WAS A HASSLE. Driving cross country with a U-haul is less than ideal. When we move to residency we will be selling almost everything and buying new. But if you really love your stuff it isn't the worst thing in the world to keep it. If you have any other questions about Arizona, AZpod, or anything else go ahead and message me. More than happy to help!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hey folks, Second year (going on third in about a month) at Azpod, I moved here from Iowa and my fiancé and I at the time moved everything. IT WAS A HASSLE. Driving cross country with a U-haul is less than ideal. When we move to residency we will be selling almost everything and buying new. But if you really love your stuff it isn't the worst thing in the world to keep it. If you have any other questions about Arizona, AZpod, or anything else go ahead and message me. More than happy to help!

Is there a place you know of where you can buy nice but cheap cost items for an apartment?

Is there a place you know of where you can buy nice but cheap cost items for an apartment?

Yes. If you join the Facebook group Midwestern University, Glendale AZ people are ALWAYS selling furniture and stuff on there for cheap. Most are just like you, moved here, bought stuff, and are now leaving and wanting to get rid of everything before they move across country. Since Midwestern is such a large professional degree university, there is a large influx and efflux of students every year. You should have no problem finding cheap furniture around here.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm coming to the same crossroads... Amvets(actually IDK the name) sells used furniture and donates proceeds to veterans... I buy(well dressers) and donate furniture there.

Hey everyone I'm a 4th year soon to graduate. If any of you have any questions, feel free to PM your email and I'll get back to you.

Good luck! Enjoy the time off and for those of you not ready for the desert, get ready for the HEAT!!

When did AZPOD start sending out interview invites and how long did it take to hear your acceptance?

by the way so me and my wife just got into some low income housing so if you haven't gotten apts you can always look into it. We have specific requirements since we have a little girl but it ended up being MUCH cheaper than other apts that were around 1000 sq ft. Look up lake pleasant apt, peoria

by the way so me and my wife just got into some low income housing so if you haven't gotten apts you can always look into it. We have specific requirements since we have a little girl but it ended up being MUCH cheaper than other apts that were around 1000 sq ft. Look up lake pleasant apt, peoria

It says online that there is a waitlist

Anyone else freaking out about housing or is it just me?

The on campus apartments just said they won't have any waitlist movement.

I can't imagine that situation. When I interviewed they said there was housing all over. You should call student services as see if they have any advice on apts.

There is no shortage of off-campus apartments within a 10 minute drive from campus....