This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgicalArtz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,
hab38 posted an awesome spreadsheet last year about feedback from away rotations at integrated PRS residency programs. Will people please post their experiences from the 2015-2016 away rotations? And how they made their decisions on which programs to do their away rotations at... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Attached is the spreadsheet that hab38 posted last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2015 PRS Away Rotation Feedback(1).pdf
    131.9 KB · Views: 535
Here is an editable Google doc that people can use to post their experiences:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oFGg1gCnSl9PqiofXuUpWlB94cvYZcb7EoBjklQR-qc/edit?usp=sharing

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's try to keep filling this out! Now that rank lists are in maybe people will be a bit more willing to contribute.

I encourage any 4th year med student from any med school to rotate with our service in Sacramento as a subI this summer and early fall. We currently have 6 integrated residents and 3 independent fellows, and of the integrated class 2 of the 6 had done a subI with us. Another recent graduate (now plastic surgery / microsurgery faculty at another program) had also subI'd prior to matching here for residency. Plenty of people look terrific on paper. We're a small program and are all about being a good "fit" - both in terms of work ethic as well as personality. Myself, I did one away subI (not here, back East) but wish in hindsight I had done at least two (one on the East Coast and the second on the West Coast).

PM me with any questions, especially now that the In-Service Exam is over :)

I'm currently in the process of applying for away rotations in plastic surgery and am looking for updated opinions on the different programs. I see there are a couple programs that are filled out and are very helpful. The document last year has been helpful, but would love some updated opinions (if you're not all completely checked out by now!)