Autologous blood tendon injections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sivastraba

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody has any experience doing these in their office for refractory tendinopathies that fail other treatment? I am assuming that this must be easier to do than PRP and with little investment. Any suggestions on how to get these going on a clinic? What materials do I need?

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is you poke a needle into a vein, pull out some blood, then poke another needle in down to the tendon and inject the blood. I've never done it, but the few people I've talked to who do it seem to think it cures everything.

that's all it is, just don't let it sit too long or it clots. it's considered experimental by most insurances still, same issues as prp for reimbursement

Members don't see this ad :)
that's all it is, just don't let it sit too long or it clots. it's considered experimental by most insurances still, same issues as prp for reimbursement
the difference here, is that you can eat the costs of the "injection" and just bill for the ultrasound. Then have the patient pay a flat fee for the non-covered procedure.

prior auth 20551 and 76942; you may not get reimbursed without it; MCare is probably a T code

whats the approx reimbursement for 76942?