This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alyssa12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who also wants to apply for med school in Australia and we live in the US..

She is getting her Nursing Bachelor's and she wants to know if Australian Med Schools prefer a certain bachelor's degree or require a specific one (maybe biology or something that equals to that degree in Aus) upon applying to med school.

I heard from people that sometimes you don't even need a bachelor's to apply to an australian med school..and you just need your MCAT.

Will AUS med schools honor her Nursing Bachelor's for Med School application?

Members don't see this ad.

From the Australian Medical Association. General information only, not sure if it answers your specific question re-international graduates (you might have to contact or look at individual Universities for that).

https://ama.com.au/careers/becoming-a-doctor

I have a friend who also wants to apply for med school in Australia and we live in the US..

She is getting her Nursing Bachelor's and she wants to know if Australian Med Schools prefer a certain bachelor's degree or require a specific one (maybe biology or something that equals to that degree in Aus) upon applying to med school.

I heard from people that sometimes you don't even need a bachelor's to apply to an australian med school..and you just need your MCAT.

You can have any degree and MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user

Agree with cdndoc2020. No one cares what degree you have. Undergrad degrees are just checkmarks.

Admissions to UQ at least relies almost exclusively on MCAT.