AUREUS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - Where to live

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your school does not even list clinical locations on it's website. Beyond that, you are making it sound like Aureus has better stats than some more established schools. How could that be?
Rotations are in Baltimore, Texas, New Jersey, Atlanta, Chicago, wash DC, and Virginia. School has definitely grown and has changed dramatically

Members don't see this ad.

Rotations are in Baltimore, Texas, New Jersey, Atlanta, Chicago, wash DC, and Virginia. School has definitely grown and has changed dramatically

If Aureus is as great as you are making it out to be. Explain to the prospective student why they should choose Aureus over SGU or Ross?

I met an AUA grad who is a PGY-2 in IM and he flat out said go to SGU if you can. Ironically, I know a PGY-3 at the same hospital from SGU who said to go to a US school.

But I'm interested in why you came on here promoting Aureus.

Reactions: 1 user
:confused:

He's interested in coming on here "promoting" it because he claims to be a successful graduate. And, I don't think he's necessarily "promoting" it rather than trying to provide information (e.g., promoting it language would be more "you should go there" type stuff).

You wanna ask me? There are a plethora of choices in the Caribbean I would consider before choosing this particular school. Having said that, cost is a factor for some students and St. Georges is, by far, the most expensive choice in the Caribbean, followed not-too-far-behnid by Ross and AUC. Yet, I would never bet my future in terms of blood, sweat, time, and treasure on any less-certain prospects simply to save a buck or two.

As always, caveat emptor.

-Skip

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I think he's promoting. If he matched like he said he did, he wouldn't waste his time posting here.

If Aureus is as great as you are making it out to be. Explain to the prospective student why they should choose Aureus over SGU or Ross?

I met an AUA grad who is a PGY-2 in IM and he flat out said go to SGU if you can. Ironically, I know a PGY-3 at the same hospital from SGU who said to go to a US school.

But I'm interested in why you came on here promoting Aureus.
In no way am i promoting Aureus, Im just providing info that was ASKED to me and stating the facts. The school isn't what it used to be. And ofc, SGU & ROSS are better choices and should be considered first before any other carib med school.

:confused:

He's interested in coming on here "promoting" it because he claims to be a successful graduate. And, I don't think he's necessarily "promoting" it rather than trying to provide information (e.g., promoting it language would be more "you should go there" type stuff).

You wanna ask me? There are a plethora of choices in the Caribbean I would consider before choosing this particular school. Having said that, cost is a factor for some students and St. Georges is, by far, the most expensive choice in the Caribbean, followed not-too-far-behnid by Ross and AUC. Yet, I would never bet my future in terms of blood, sweat, time, and treasure on any less-certain prospects simply to save a buck or two.

As always, caveat emptor.

-Skip
absolutely correct I am not promoting. SGU & Ross shall be considered first before any other carib med school.

In no way am i promoting Aureus, Im just providing info that was ASKED to me and stating the facts. The school isn't what it used to be. And ofc, SGU & ROSS are better choices and should be considered first before any other carib med school.

What facts? You are stating your personal experience. I'd like to know what your classmates experience was of Aureus. You are making it seem like every student who goes to Aureus is going to come out with your outcome.

What facts? You are stating your personal experience. I'd like to know what your classmates experience was of Aureus. You are making it seem like every student who goes to Aureus is going to come out with your outcome.
I did not say every is on the same boat as I am, just like everyone that goes to any other school isn't guaranteed a match. Not everyone going into medicine anywhere in the world or school isnt guaranteed they'll become a physician.

I did not say every is on the same boat as I am, just like everyone that goes to any other school isn't guaranteed a match. Not everyone going into medicine anywhere in the world or school isnt guaranteed they'll become a physician.

Look, I'm going to be honest with you. I live in an IMG-friendly area with hospitals that have programs that are 95% filled with IMG and FMG's. I have never seen anyone from Aureus. I also question why you came on SDN to post when you apparently have matched.