This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

broken down muffler

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

what are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What's your state of residence?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm working on all my secondary essays now so I'll be able to submit each of them the day they come in.

Off the bat: You're not in too bad of a way, just make sure to turn around all secondaries within a few weeks. Pre writing helps.

Looking at your school list: New Mexico and Fl. State were poor choices as they accept VERY few out of state students. UCLA is an uphill battle based on residency, Rush has a huge service requirement (avg matriculant has >800 service hrs and >1000 clinical hours, if either of these aren't present in your app your chances are low here), Brown has a preference for their undergrads (about 30-40% of their class) and I would consider Duke a reach. If your comfortable with having 5-6 schools where chances are low regardless of when you submit your app. You could consider adding schools like St. Louis, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, Temple, Quinnipiac, and NYMC

Reactions: 1 user
UNC, UMass, and Rutgers also all take very few OOS. Have you used the MSAR to have make your school choices?

Yes I have. I included several schools based on their location. I get the sense that it's a bad idea to apply to any OOS public institutions. What would you suggest Toutie?

You need to look at the IS/OOS matriculated data in the MSAR. Most, but not all, state schools have very few seats open for OOS. Private schools are usually a better option.

Have your applications complete (secondaries submitted and all LORs in) at schools before labor day and you should be in good shape. I would suggest posting in WAMC for help with your school list.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk