atrial fibrillation outcomes for LVAD - is this something I need to know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanj238

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
as an outpatient physician are things like a fib outcomes for LVAD patients something I should be aware of in depth? Or is this something I should just be aware of cursorily?

All I know is that it has high incidence of afib after lvad placement. But I'm not overly familiar.

Members don't see this ad.

as an outpatient physician are things like a fib outcomes for LVAD patients something I should be aware of in depth? Or is this something I should just be aware of cursorily?

All I know is that it has high incidence of afib after lvad placement. But I'm not overly familiar.

It depends what you do. Assuming you're not a heart failure attending, what you should know about the cardiovascular system in a patient with an LVAD: call the advanced heart failure doc.

Reactions: 1 user
It depends what you do. Assuming you're not a heart failure attending, what you should know about the cardiovascular system in a patient with an LVAD: call the advanced heart failure doc.

Lol ok

Members don't see this ad :)
The actual answer is call GI, because they are definitely anemic with FIT positive stool.

These LVADs and their AVMS....

Why waste my breath? They usually come in at night, then GI says they're too sick to scope or too well. Either way, you hang up on me, lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Why waste my breath? They usually come in at night, then GI says they're too sick to scope or too well. Either way, you hang up on me, lol.

These LVAD bleeders are never sick from GI bleeding. Its a slow annoying ooze. No reason to call me in the middle of the night.

Besides, their INR will be 3 and you never reverse these folks.

Reactions: 1 user