asking for recommendation letters NOW ('17/'18 app cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.phoot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
August is not that far away. I was told it's better to ask now considering people have travel plans, etc, in the summer.

Everyone here seems to endorse interfolio or whatever. Can I have a prof write my letter, don't date it, and I'll upload it myself to interfolio? Or how does that work?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
On Interfolio you can send a "request" to the doctor you want to have write a letter (ask them first, don't send the request first), it issues a request via email and you can set a deadline. Once they upload the letter you get notified and then you can send them out to schools.

Interfolio is great, I wish that I had used it when I was applying to grad school, trying to explain to profs how and where to upload letters is a complete pain. Once the letter is uploaded it gives you control to send it where you want.

And yes, give your doctor plenty of time to write the letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All of my recommendation letters were sent out by mail. Didn't have any problems whatsoever.

My committee letter will be ready sometime in the summer (interviewed for it in February) and I plan on asking the podiatrist I'm currently shadowing for a letter in early May before I graduate. He has a very lax practice, so I know he has the time to write it.

Last edited: