Ask the Program Coordinator!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for the reply Admiral! The MSPE will indeed be corrected, but the initial transcript with the error on it is still uploaded to ERAS. My school will be replacing this with a new transcript soon, but my fear is that some programs may have already reviewed my file with this mistaken red flag in it.

I hope that clears up my question further!

There's a typo in your initial question, which is the confusion. You mentioned your MSPE and your Dean's letter, which are the same thing. You meant your MSPE and your transcript.

Although my answer to the question "Should I contact programs and tell them about XYZ change to my application" is essentially universally "no", this may be a case where the answer is yes. Some programs might disqualify applications with anything failed. In fact, the more minor the course, the bigger problem it might be. Fail a shelf exam and need to remediate -- some programs may not care. Fail "Professionalism" or "Ethics" or "Learning to be a doctor" -- courses that should be simple to pass -- suggests that you have a real problem, or that you're lazy, or that you don't take deadlines seriously. So alerting them that there was a mistake on your transcript may be very necessary -- as programs may have already decided to not look further at your application.

Best case scenario is that your school does the contacting -- it's their mistake (perhaps), if they reach out it looks even better. They may decline to do this, and then you probably should. Apologize for the inconvenience (even though it's not your fault), mention that there was a course marked "fail" incorrectly and it's been updated, and ask them to re-evaluate your application if necessary. The more competitive fields/programs you're considering, the less this is a concern -- they probably will wait for the MSPE anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi aPD,

I'm unsure if I should wait to submit my ERAS application. I'm a DO student, couples matching and applying FM.
Step 1 - 217
COMLEX 1 - mid 600s

My step 2 CK score will be released on September 27. I'm hoping I performed better than Step 1.

My concern is if I apply before my score release, I may be filtered out because of my low step 1. On the other hand, I'm not sure what effect waiting 12 days after Sept 15 will have.

Also, since I scored considerably better on COMLEX, will that help me get past some initial step 1 filters (i.e >220)?

Thanks!

A similar question has been asked dozens of times. There is no answer to your question. Some programs might screen for USMLE > 220 AND COMLEX >550. Others might screen for USMLE > 220 OR COMLEX > 550. There's no way to know, and nothing you can do about it. As far as applying now vs later, also no way to know which stratregy is "better". Applying now, programs that don't require Step 2 will review your app and make decisions. Applying later with a better Step 2, some programs who might reject you now might consider you. But some programs might screen out your application due to being "late", or figure that you have less interest in them because of your late application. And, if your Step 2 is worse, you would have been better off applying early. Pick your poison.

If one hasn't received interview invites yet from "safeties" (and they have already sent out their first wave of invites), should one start to worry?

(AMG. Trying to get into academic IM. My scores could def filter me out from some programs, but my LORS and other parts of app are strong.)

Do programs look back at applications that may have been filtered out in the first wave? I know it must be different for every school, but trying to gain a general sense of things..

There's a typo in your initial question, which is the confusion. You mentioned your MSPE and your Dean's letter, which are the same thing. You meant your MSPE and your transcript.

Although my answer to the question "Should I contact programs and tell them about XYZ change to my application" is essentially universally "no", this may be a case where the answer is yes. Some programs might disqualify applications with anything failed. In fact, the more minor the course, the bigger problem it might be. Fail a shelf exam and need to remediate -- some programs may not care. Fail "Professionalism" or "Ethics" or "Learning to be a doctor" -- courses that should be simple to pass -- suggests that you have a real problem, or that you're lazy, or that you don't take deadlines seriously. So alerting them that there was a mistake on your transcript may be very necessary -- as programs may have already decided to not look further at your application.

Best case scenario is that your school does the contacting -- it's their mistake (perhaps), if they reach out it looks even better. They may decline to do this, and then you probably should. Apologize for the inconvenience (even though it's not your fault), mention that there was a course marked "fail" incorrectly and it's been updated, and ask them to re-evaluate your application if necessary. The more competitive fields/programs you're considering, the less this is a concern -- they probably will wait for the MSPE anyway.

Thank you aPD, I appreciate the help!

If one hasn't received interview invites yet from "safeties" (and they have already sent out their first wave of invites), should one start to worry?

(AMG. Trying to get into academic IM. My scores could def filter me out from some programs, but my LORS and other parts of app are strong.)

Do programs look back at applications that may have been filtered out in the first wave? I know it must be different for every school, but trying to gain a general sense of things..

You are welcome to start worrying any time you'd like...

As you mentioned, programs may send out requests in waves. You might be in the next wave.

It's impossible to say. It's important that you are really competitive for whatever you consider "safeties".

Reactions: 1 users
I forgot to put two of my certifications: my house physician certification and my Essential Skills in Medical Education Certificate. I already submitted my ap. Do you think it will matter if those two things were not included?

What are those two certifications ("House physician certification," and "Essential Skills in Medical Education certificate")? I have never heard of such certificates/certifications. Are they sponsored by your medical school or a national accreditation/certification body? Maybe a program director can chime in, but I don't think it would make a difference.

Thank you all for the advice! I'm going to be that person who brings the doughnuts and apple fritters to my interview! Will a dozen be enough?

I hope you're kidding. You'd go order fritters and snacks for an out of town interview when they probably provide breakfast? It's borderline rude - this is an interview, not a bake off.

I received my first interview invite, today. Except I am a bit skeptical. There was no invite through ERAS or my email (gmail) address provided on my application (on ERAS). The program coordinator emailed me with another email (school edu) address, in which I used to email the program, before ERAS cycle started. Also the email has a date for my interview already selected.

I also have a very common name, ex) John Smith. In the email, my first name is mentioned.

Should I be concerned? I have responded back to the Program Coordinator's email, which confirms my date for the interview, information about the Interview day and hotel info. Basically replied saying I look forward to meeting the program.

Should I straight up ask the Program Coordinator, whether the interview was meant for me? I don't want to sound like I don't deserve the interview or am surprised by them selecting me.

Last edited:
For programs that invite you via ERAS, but asks you to email, I'm guessing you respond by emailing rather than hitting "reply" via ERAS correct?
I'm also interested in knowing the answer to this?

I received my first interview invite, today. Except I am a bit skeptical. There was no invite through ERAS or my email (gmail) address provided on my application (on ERAS). The program coordinator emailed me with another email (school edu) address, in which I used to email the program, before ERAS cycle started. Also the email has a date for my interview already selected.

I also have a very common name, ex) John Smith. In the email, my first name is mentioned.

Should I be concerned? I have responded back to the Program Coordinator's email, which confirms my date for the interview, information about the Interview day and hotel info. Basically replied saying I look forward to meeting the program.

Should I straight up ask the Program Coordinator, whether the interview was meant for me? I don't want to sound like I don't deserve the interview or am surprised by them selecting me.

You have an interview offer. Just accept it and don't start asking these questions.

You are being paranoid. You contacted them pre ERAS. They must have liked what you said. They looked for your app, and were happy. They responded to your initial email. That's all, folks.

I hope you're kidding. You'd go order fritters and snacks for an out of town interview when they probably provide breakfast? It's borderline rude - this is an interview, not a bake off.

Now wait a second. If these are home-fried doughnuts and fritters, I think this is a glorious idea. As long as they are all for me. I'm not sharing.

If we're talking about Dunkin' Donuts, then that's a bad idea all around.

This is a bad idea.

Reactions: 4 users
You are being paranoid. You contacted them pre ERAS. They must have liked what you said. They looked for your app, and were happy. They responded to your initial email. That's all, folks.

Thanks! Had a bad experience previously, hence the paranoia. Will proceed and begin the search for flights/car rental.

What code words or phrases to program directors use for when they write about medical students for fellowship placement?
I'd imagine IM-ITE/ABIM are alluded to, but what about areas and other qualities? How do you distinguish yourself? Work hard, be friendly, and have no issues in residency?

What code words or phrases to program directors use for when they write about medical students for fellowship placement?
I'd imagine IM-ITE/ABIM are alluded to, but what about areas and other qualities? How do you distinguish yourself? Work hard, be friendly, and have no issues in residency?

Program directors wouldn't be writing about medical students for fellowship positions.

Hi. A question about residency interview attire.

My wardrobe is ... well... "bright" is the word I would use. Colorful and fun. I've always prided myself on my collection of unique bowties, and I don't own a plain white shirt. The most "toned down" I can go is charcoal suit, a sky blue shirt, and maybe a paisley bowtie.

I hear "don't be remembered for what you wear." And I hear that, I do. But these are the clothes I have, and I'm already broke at the *start* of interview season (so getting a new wardrobe is not an option). I've never had a negative remark in clinic about the way I dress, I usually use it as an icebreaker with kids and their families ("you like sharks? me too! Look at my bowtie!" that sort of thing).

Someone at my school basically told me I should be worried, and that I won't get ranked by programs if they think my dress is unprofessional.

My question is: How worried should I be. Should I address it somehow?

(for clarification the kind of outfit I would wear would look something like this - bright and colorful, but in my mind at least still professional)

My wardrobe is ... well... "bright" is the word I would use. Colorful and fun. I've always prided myself on my collection of unique bowties, and I don't own a plain white shirt. The most "toned down" I can go is charcoal suit, a sky blue shirt, and maybe a paisley bowtie.

I hear "don't be remembered for what you wear." And I hear that, I do. But these are the clothes I have, and I'm already broke at the *start* of interview season (so getting a new wardrobe is not an option). I've never had a negative remark in clinic about the way I dress, I usually use it as an icebreaker with kids and their families ("you like sharks? me too! Look at my bowtie!" that sort of thing).

Someone at my school basically told me I should be worried, and that I won't get ranked by programs if they think my dress is unprofessional.

(for clarification the kind of outfit I would wear would look something like this - bright and colorful, but in my mind at least still professional)

That's actually a hard question for me to answer. Personally, I like a little personality to show through, but I've also seen members of the interview team downrate an applicant for wearing bright colored socks. I guess it depends on how conservative you think the places you will be interviewing will be. I don't thing bow ties in and of themselves are out of the mainstream anymore--I see them quite a bit (and I'm a Doctor Who fan, where "bow ties are cool"). You can definitely get away with dressing more colorfully at the resident pre or post interview function, but to be on the safe side for interviewe day maybe you could borrow a couple of neutral dress shirts.

That's actually a hard question for me to answer. Personally, I like a little personality to show through, but I've also seen members of the interview team downrate an applicant for wearing bright colored socks. I guess it depends on how conservative you think the places you will be interviewing will be. I don't thing bow ties in and of themselves are out of the mainstream anymore--I see them quite a bit (and I'm a Doctor Who fan, where "bow ties are cool"). You can definitely get away with dressing more colorfully at the resident pre or post interview function, but to be on the safe side for interviewe day maybe you could borrow a couple of neutral dress shirts.

Part of me says I wouldn't want to end up at a program that downrated candidates for colorful socks. How would they handle my pink socks with blue turtles on them??

But the other part of me says "for the love of god you have to match somewhere." Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it.

We rank people higher for cool socks.

Reactions: 5 users
@tellme_areyoufree

The problem is that you're not interviewing with kids and their families, you're interviewing with adults. And there really is no reason for you not to have a plain white shirt. If you're into dressing as you say, I find it odd that you don't have a plain white shirt, a staple in even the basement dweller's closet. I'd lose the notion about "not going to a place where they'd downrank me for my socks." You're talking about the next 3 years and this is a single day where everything about you is judged. You'll even be judged by people that wear bright socks themselves, but look at you differently for choosing to wear them along with a shark tie. If you're interviewing for Peds, have at it, but know your audience and dress for the occasion. Get a plain white shirt and a light blue shirt. Make sure your suits are fitted/tailored (which I assume they are), and keep your bowties (yuck) to simple patterns. You're already going to stand out with the bowtie as it is.

Good luck

If you're into dressing as you say, I find it odd that you don't have a plain white shirt

:) I didn't say I'm "into dressing." I said I have a bright wardrobe. Simply the clothes I've collected along the way. :)
I legitimately don't own a white shirt.

I'd lose the notion about "not going to a place where they'd downrank me for my socks." You're talking about the next 3 years and this is a single day where everything about you is judged

We'll that's sort of important. You're talking about what the program sees but what I see is important too. If I constantly felt negativity for this sort of thing, I wouldn't be happy. I'd be miserable in a constantly austere setting. Interview season *is* a two-way street, and I would imagine a program also wouldn't want someone who would conflict with the culture. I'd rather not train somewhere if I would not be happy there, and I wouldn't want to convince someone to take me if I don't actually fit. So who knows, maybe the experience of interviewing will be really really enlightening about the places I could and couldn't thrive.

I guess that's where I feel conflicted about this stuff. A white shirt and a black suit feels like a lie I would be telling about myself. I'm goofy and colorful and fun, and really bad at hiding it. I may not end up at a super fancy program if they put me further down for a bright bowtie. I might also just have to be comfortable with that.

If you're interviewing for Peds, have at it

:) :) :) :) :) Definitely interviewing peds.

This back and forth has been helpful. It gives me a sense of what others might see, and what conflicting perspectives might be useful to look for. Thanks, toastee!

:) I didn't say I'm "into dressing." I said I have a bright wardrobe. Simply the clothes I've collected along the way. :)
I legitimately don't own a white shirt.

We'll that's sort of important. You're talking about what the program sees but what I see is important too. If I constantly felt negativity for this sort of thing, I wouldn't be happy. I'd be miserable in a constantly austere setting. Interview season *is* a two-way street, and I would imagine a program also wouldn't want someone who would conflict with the culture. I'd rather not train somewhere if I would not be happy there, and I wouldn't want to convince someone to take me if I don't actually fit. So who knows, maybe the experience of interviewing will be really really enlightening about the places I could and couldn't thrive.

I guess that's where I feel conflicted about this stuff. A white shirt and a black suit feels like a lie I would be telling about myself. I'm goofy and colorful and fun, and really bad at hiding it. I may not end up at a super fancy program if they put me further down for a bright bowtie. I might also just have to be comfortable with that.

:) :) :) :) :) Definitely interviewing peds.

This back and forth has been helpful. It gives me a sense of what others might see, and what conflicting perspectives might be useful to look for. Thanks, toastee!

My only advice for you is to stay professional, and try to not be the running joke of the day. As was famously said, it's hard to define but you know it when you see it (ridiculous outfits, lack of professionalism could convey that you aren't taking the interview seriously).

Thank you @aProgDirector for answering so many questions. I appreciate this very generous donation of your time--which I am sure you are short on.

My question is about negative comments on the mspe. I can't get them removed because I literally got the same comment word for word twice They were consecutive surgery rotations, core and elective. I want to go into psychiatry. Hopefully I can get interviews inspite of the bad comments. If so, how can amswer for the bad comments with minimal damage?

The comment: "No lack of effort. Seemed challenged at the beginning of the rotation but show[ed] great effort and improvement. Needs to work on presentation skills. Very pleasant and eager to learn."

I did have challenges: 1) suturing+mask+glasses. 2) I was in south Miami. Most conversations were in Spanish. It was difficult to keep up but my Spanish is much better now 3) I did need to work on presenting. I got much better at it. (And my only low clinical grade was surgery core @ B+).

Thank you again for your time and expertise.

Thank you @aProgDirector for answering so many questions. I appreciate this very generous donation of your time--which I am sure you are short on.

My question is about negative comments on the mspe. I can't get them removed because I literally got the same comment word for word twice They were consecutive surgery rotations, core and elective. I want to go into psychiatry. Hopefully I can get interviews inspite of the bad comments. If so, how can amswer for the bad comments with minimal damage?

The comment: "No lack of effort. Seemed challenged at the beginning of the rotation but show[ed] great effort and improvement. Needs to work on presentation skills. Very pleasant and eager to learn."

I did have challenges: 1) suturing+mask+glasses. 2) I was in south Miami. Most conversations were in Spanish. It was difficult to keep up but my Spanish is much better now 3) I did need to work on presenting. I got much better at it. (And my only low clinical grade was surgery core @ B+).

Thank you again for your time and expertise.
That's not a negative comment. You'll be fine. And most non-surgical specialties consider a bad surgery eval to be something of a badge of honor.

Next question.

Again, US MSPEs are not available, period, until after Oct 1. I don't know if being an IMG affects that or not. But I'd still apply now--you have nothing to lose and will potentially gain interviews while you're waiting for everything. Those programs who want to see things will just not view your application because you're not 'complete' yet.
it does not...foreign schools that submit an MSPE do it on the same timeline that US schools do.

I'm coming at this from a slightly different perspective. I'm female, and I'm in peds. I refused to get a plain black suit (mine was/is dark gray with white flecks throughout, and a ruffle to the collar, which is a little more low set than most), and I also don't own any plain white shirts (I have white shirts that are striped/crinkled, but no plain ones). I typically wear blue or green shirts with my suit, though occasionally go for a blouse rather than a button-down).

I think wearing a solid color shirt (so long as it is not red), or a lightly patterned shirt (single color plaid, pinstripes, etc... not bright flowers or multiple colors of plaid) is fine. The bowtie might get you some weird looks, but if you have the confidence to pull it off, go for it.

1. Do programs bother looking at usmle report? (Step 2 missing on mspe--writer won't add it)
2. MSPE writer won't list my shelf scores. Handbook states >75 will be listed. I got over 90 on Psych--which is what I'm applying for. Almost all scores > or = 80. Should I try asking again? Or do I risk negative changes if I annoy her? It may seem trivial but I am an IMG and have about 10% chance of matching due to very low Step 1.
3. What is really considered a bad grade in clinicals? Our school tells us "anything but an A" is a major red flag for years 3 and 4. How many B+ make you round file an application? Do you condsider the transitional clinical rotation given by the school to be a clinical or basic science grade? (I have 2 B+ if you count that one, 1 if not)
4. I am not graceful. Especially when nervous. Especially in heels. Is it a violation of professionalism to wear flats to an interview?

1. Do programs bother looking at usmle report? (Step 2 missing on mspe--writer won't add it)
2. MSPE writer won't list my shelf scores. Handbook states >75 will be listed. I got over 90 on Psych--which is what I'm applying for. Almost all scores > or = 80. Should I try asking again? Or do I risk negative changes if I annoy her? It may seem trivial but I am an IMG and have about 10% chance of matching due to very low Step 1.
3. What is really considered a bad grade in clinicals? Our school tells us "anything but an A" is a major red flag for years 3 and 4. How many B+ make you round file an application? Do you condsider the transitional clinical rotation given by the school to be a clinical or basic science grade? (I have 2 B+ if you count that one, 1 if not)
4. I am not graceful. Especially when nervous. Especially in heels. Is it a violation of professionalism to wear flats to an interview?

1) Remember that MSPEs don’t even go out until October, and programs can directly filter based on USMLEs and its in a separate, dedicated section. So, absolutely.
2) More important than shelf scores are USMLEs (more standardized and understandable across applicants as some schools don’t require shelf exams for all core rotations). Your LORs from physicians in your field will more directly show your aptitude and interest in the field.
3) It depends on your grade distribution (which is in your MSPE, actually, but typically not shared with students unless asked), if 95+% of students are getting As or “honors” then the grade sorta ceases to matter. Speaking generally, Bs aren’t going to make a ton of difference - this isn’t undergrad. Grades vary so much and there is extreme grade inflation so it’s hard to standardize this amongst applicants. But if you were interested in Psych and got a C or D, that would probably be an issue on the surface.
4) Eh, as a male I can’t really answer this but usually there’s a lot of walking on interview days. Wear something nice, just not flip-flops. I can’t see anyone really paying THAT close attention. My wife hates heels and has plenty of nice flats for work.

I've worn flats at every interview for years. I'm clumsy and appreciate feet that aren't killing me by the end of the day. Plus, it makes walking stairs so much easier (and you will be getting tours on all of your interviews). So, no, not a violation of professionalism, just make sure they are nice flats (not crocs, for instance).

2) More important than shelf scores are USMLEs
3) It depends on your grade distribution (which is in your MSPE, actually, but typically not shared with students unless asked), if 95+% of students are getting As or “honors” then the grade sorta ceases to matter. Speaking generally, Bs aren’t going to make a ton of difference - this isn’t undergrad. Grades vary so much and there is extreme grade inflation so it’s hard to standardize this amongst applicants. But if you were interested in Psych and got a C or D, that would probably be an issue on the surface.

Thank you BigCheese...
I know USMLE>>>>shelf. However, I scored deal-breaker low on the first one (210). Step2 was not as bad (242) and I was hoping the relatively not-horrible shelf exams could help suggest that the step2 score was not based on lucky guesses. I don't make excuses for my bad step1. It was bad; I own that. I know that I will not have some of the challenges that I had during step1. I know I can't say anything about challenges during an interview without sounding like I'm making excuses. This is why I was really hoping to show evidence that the problem was temporary.

2) More important than shelf scores are USMLEs

Thank you BigCheese...
I know USMLE>>>>shelf. However, I scored deal-breaker low on the first one (210). Step2 was not as bad (242) and I was hoping the relatively not-horrible shelf exams could help suggest that the step2 score was not based on lucky guesses. I don't make excuses for my bad step1. It was bad; I own that. I know that I will not have some of the challenges that I had during step1. I know I can't say anything about challenges during an interview without sounding like I'm making excuses. This is why I was really hoping to show evidence that the problem was temporary.

Good afternoon!
I've got a dilemma on how to work out the following issue. I sent my applications on the 14th of September. Despite perseveration and multiple checks, I missed the part with assigning my USMLE transcripts. Thus, my scores became available to programs only on the 21st of September, when I finally fixed the issue.
Would you, please, help me assess the potential harm and, possibly, suggest the ways to minimize it?

Last edited:
Good afternoon!
I've got a dilemma on how to work out the following issue. I sent my applications on the 14th of September. Despite perseveration and multiple checks, I missed the part with assigning my USMLE transcripts. Thus, my scores became available to programs only on the 21st of September, when I finally fixed the issue.
Would you, please, help me assess the potential harm and, possibly, suggest the ways to minimize it?

It's impossible to know how much harm that did, but there is nothing you can do to change that now. Sit back and wait.

Thank you so much.
What is the worst yet realistic scenario for this?

Thank you so much.
What is the worst yet realistic scenario for this?

Don’t be so negative. You fixed the problem within two weeks and now you wait. Nothing to do but wait, and please don’t contact programs telling them your scores are available.

Don’t be so negative. You fixed the problem within two weeks and now you wait. Nothing to do but wait, and please don’t contact programs telling them your scores are available.

Thank you, I feel better now:) Appreciate your warning!
I was actually close to reaching out to programs. What would be the consequences of doing that?

PS: I strongly believe there are many people on this forum, who are dying to know how the software works. I’ve heard there had been some changes lately.

Thank you, I feel better now:) Appreciate your warning!
I was actually close to reaching out to programs. What would be the consequences of doing that?

PS: I strongly believe there are many people on this forum, who are dying to know how the software works. I’ve heard there had been some changes lately.

About two years ago, programs had to manually download the applicants' data. During that time, if you had updated scores but the program did not download the new data, the scores would not show up.

Because of this, Changes in applicants' data were regularly not being sent to programs (as programs were not regularly downloading new data).

Since this occurred relatively frequently, ERAS change its way of operating about two years ago. Programs now don't have to manually download the new data. Instead, it is automatically available to them. I believe ERAS went from a "download" and "push" type set up to one of cloud-based access on the programs' side of things.

As for you @Dr. Gabber, you have corrected your mistake. The programs will see your scores. You don't need to contact them.

valid username: flats are fine, and probably will get you "points". Those that show up in 4" heels always get eye rolls from the tour guides; they are on a schedule, and they do not want to be late because you can't keep up. Lots of walking, so it shows a level of intelligence that you in something appropriate. As others have stated, no crocs, or flip flops, or even open toed if you are looking at a specialty that you would be touring clinic areas or an operating room.

Reactions: 2 users
About two years ago, programs had to manually download the applicants' data. During that time, if you had updated scores but the program did not download the new data, the scores would not show up.

Because of this, Changes in applicants' data were regularly not being sent to programs (as programs were not regularly downloading new data).

Since this occurred relatively frequently, ERAS change its way of operating about two years ago. Programs now don't have to manually download the new data. Instead, it is automatically available to them. I believe ERAS went from a "download" and "push" type set up to one of cloud-based access on the programs' side of things.

As for you @Dr. Gabber, you have corrected your mistake. The programs will see your scores. You don't need to contact them.

Thank you for the heads up)

Quick question: If there is no NRMP program code on ERAS, does this automatically mean that the program only accepts candidates outside of the match (aka pre-match)?

If a program requires CV, how do you upload it on ERAS?

ERAS compiles your CV to a standardized format when you fill in all your personal information on the application. You cannot upload your own custom format CV.

Hi everyone,
I am couple matching with my husband in another speciality. I got an invite from an university program and have scheduled my interview. He hasn't gotten one from his speciality. Should i email my PC/PD about this and let them know or should I wait for sometime to see whether he will get one? Is it too early to ask for? Please suggest.

Hi everyone,
I am couple matching with my husband in another speciality. I got an invite from an university program and have scheduled my interview. He hasn't gotten one from his speciality. Should i email my PC/PD about this and let them know or should I wait for sometime to see whether he will get one? Is it too early to ask for? Please suggest.

Yes, a phone call for couples is appropriate; sometimes the programs just need a reminder to speak to one another

Quick question because of interview worries (none yet)

US IMG applied for psych
USMLE 1 mid 230s
USMLE CK upper 240s
CS failed but retaking and will have results by rank list submission
6mo USCE
1lor psych, 1 neuro, 1 med school research prof

What are the chances of getting some bites? Not sure if US grads are getting preference invites now or should wait for MSPE (nothing bad, average student)after mid oct no interviews to start planning what to do post-match

Thanks!

We face this often; we offer interviews in the October/December range, and a lot of other programs offer theirs in December/February range. It makes couple's matching an adventure, because we are usually winding things up about the time they are just looking at the applications.