Army Reserve APMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDC12304

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering - as I consider ARNG vs Reserve - if those with any experience with the APMC in the reserves might comment on their experience. The recruiter mentioned creating a training plan that might include work in my present civilian clinical role (ie in-house overnight call) so long as it was not paid by my civilian institution. Medical student education, recruiting events at local colleges, resident education, etc were also all discussed as possibilities that may count towards the 48 BA points needed for the Reserves each year.

I'd also be interested to hear what folks in the AR (licensed MDs) have done for the AT, in general.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi RDC,

I am a Army healthcare recruiter and have put a few in the APMC. Your recruiter is correct that you get credit for education, recruiting events and so on. You can also serve at another local reserve unit in whatever role they need help in. For instance I have a Family Medicine Doctor who loves to shoot guns so she goes to her local infantry unit whenever they have ranges and gets to shoot and also gets credit for it. I have a cardiologist that loves to run so he shows up for physical training in the morning and the commander just signs on his paperwork for the day. Just depends on what is in your area and how willing they are to work with you.