Army HPSP Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgDoc95

Surgery Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to make what I'm sure is a repetitive post, but am curious as to what my chances of being selected for the HPSP are this cycle. I currently have my entire application completed pending my MEPS physical screening. As of now it looks like my app will either be looked at in March or April. I have a 3.57 GPA (both sGPA and cGPA) 502 MCAT, pretty balanced EC's and come from a rather large military family. My recruiter has said my chances are good, but always helps to get more opinions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This is actually one of the rare questions where a recruiter would be able to answer better than we can. Most doctors in the military aren't really in touch with what the current recruitment statistics are and so we really can't answer a "what are my chances" type thread.

Auto acceptance with a med school acceptance in hand. All branches are dying to meet physician quotas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Army HPSP applicant here, my packet is going to the April 4th boards. I have an acceptance to a DO school already . Does anyone have any knowledge of spots left this application cycle for the 4yr scholarships? How long has it been taking this year to hear back with a yes/no/waitlist?

I don't know. But now that I've written that three times perhaps you will get the point.

Don't answer 3x then. Asked 3 forums that may have different people with different knowledge in each.