Army 3 year program timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YayPudding

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Top o the morning lads,

I am an applicant for the Army HPSP and will board in either May or June. Should my 4 year application be unsuccessful due to being so close to the end of the cycle, I understand that I can apply for the 3 year program.

3 year application opens in for the new fiscal year in October but then what is the timeline for acceptance and payment for school? If an applicant boards in say November 2017 can they be commissioned shortly thereafter and receiving tuition money or does it have to wait until summer 2018?

Members don't see this ad.

HPSP benefits start on the latest of three dates:
1. Date Oath of Office is signed
2. Date Contract is signed
3. The first day of the first semester of the academic year that you were recruited for

In the case of 3-year scholarship, that would generally be the fall semester of M2. So even if you signed your oath in October, no benefits until next fall.

Reactions: 1 users
3. The first day of the first semester of the academic year that you were recruited for

In the case of 3-year scholarship, that would generally be the fall semester of M2. So even if you signed your oath in October, no benefits until next fall.
I see, thanks

Members don't see this ad :)

this is the kind of stuff we need recruiters around for. thanks for sticking around-- you've lasted much longer than your predecessors.

--your friendly neighborhood one big dysfunctional family caveman

this is the kind of stuff we need recruiters around for. thanks for sticking around-- you've lasted much longer than your predecessors.

--your friendly neighborhood one big dysfunctional family caveman

Thanks!

But, but, but, I'm not a recruiter nor do I work for the Recruiting Command - which may be why I sometimes know a little more than them.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks!

But, but, but, I'm not a recruiter nor do I work for the Recruiting Command - which may be why I sometimes know a little more than them.

say no more. this explains everything. my apologies for associated you with recruiters :)

--your friendly neighborhood carefully stepping over the bones of previous recruiters caveman

Aww Hell. No apology necessary Doctor. You know, this world kinda scares me too.