Are you single going into residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you single going into residency?

• Single, (I'm a girl)

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Single, (I'm a boy)

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Relationship, (I'm a girl)

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Relationship, (I'm a boy)

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

abcdior

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so with match day having come and gone,

just wondering if anyone else will be moving to a completely new place single and ready to mingle OR having to breakup any current relationship due to not being able to workout the distance issue

Members don't see this ad.

I was in a semi serious relationship but both of us were moving (this was 3 years ago) so I started residency (in a new city) single, and it was great. Just a heads up you will definitely have to make a swipe decision on colleagues on Tinder/Bumble/Grindr etc!

I went into residency trying to maintain a LDR from med school- lasted about 3 months. Was lucky, in my intern class there were 3 single ladies (it was a new town for all of us) and we became good friends. We all met people during the course of our residency, 2/3 online and the other through work. Agree with the above about running into people from work in the online dating sphere- I remember calling a GI consult and having the fellow pop up on my OK Cupid later the same day.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I started residency single. Haven't paid too much attention to dating. A couple formed really early in my residency class. Not sure if that was the best idea... Our program has a good number of couples, but usually not from the same class.

I went into residency trying to maintain a LDR from med school- lasted about 3 months. Was lucky, in my intern class there were 3 single ladies (it was a new town for all of us) and we became good friends. We all met people during the course of our residency, 2/3 online and the other through work. Agree with the above about running into people from work in the online dating sphere- I remember calling a GI consult and having the fellow pop up on my OK Cupid later the same day.

I had the opposite. Chatted with someone on OKC while on my IM rotation and like a week later learned she was an IM PG2 in my hospital.