April 2017 NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charcoales

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took a few days ago 75% was no brainer easy (almost too easy) other 25% was incredibly difficult. Fatigue was heavy for me after 150+ questions. The select all questions were by far the hardest.

I basically am praying 75% is enough to pass.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I hope you pass your exam
May you tell me which chapters you mainly got? and how did you study for the exam?
I have my exam coming up 05/24 and kinnda overwhelmed already, any advise may help!
Thank you.

Just took a few days ago 75% was no brainer easy (almost too easy) other 25% was incredibly difficult. Fatigue was heavy for me after 150+ questions. The select all questions were by far the hardest.

Hope you pass :) What resources did you use to study and how did you study them, especially for calculations, biostats, and compounding? Also what topics did you get the most?

Rx prep watched each of videos then took quiz. Also did naplex flash cards on Quizlet (the 2000 card one by MeJem). Also did top brand generics for each chapter in Rx prep and did brand/generic flashcards in Quizlet too. Also was working ~25 hours a week retail during this time over 4-5 months which helped solidify brand/generics. This is extra stuff but I also listed to most of HelixTalk podcast, got to lvl 30+ in Quizup in many pharmacy topics, and download some practice exams from Med Ed 101

MUST KNOW BIOSTATS AND TO CALCULATE FAST.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So you did not really study Rxprep book ?
Thank you so much for the reply abd let us know when you pass.:)

So you did not really study Rxprep book ?
Thank you so much for the reply abd let us know when you pass.:)
I only look in book for study girl drawings/mneumonics. They had extremely useful mneumonic picture for chemo side effects for example.

Have you received your results yet?

@Charcoales i hope you passed! I will be taking my exam in about 2 months and I'm starting to really study now.

For the select all the apply questions, roughly how many of those did you get? Also what type of math question did you find more time consuming or the most difficult?

@Charcoales i hope you passed! I will be taking my exam in about 2 months and I'm starting to really study now.

For the select all the apply questions, roughly how many of those did you get? Also what type of math question did you find more time consuming or the most difficult?
Most math was easy just needed to do fast and accurately. Was only like 1 of each type of hard question which had to make sure to use correct formula and make sure no mistakes.

There were many select all most were very difficult since you have to know everything and cannot narrow down your options.

Most math was easy just needed to do fast and accurately. Was only like 1 of each type of hard question which had to make sure to use correct formula and make sure no mistakes.

There were many select all most were very difficult since you have to know everything and cannot narrow down your options.
which formulas do you need to memorize for the exam?

@Charcoales thanks for the reply! Sorry to ask these questions, but I'm just generally curious.

Would you say the rx prep quizzes are similar to test questions and help give you a general idea on what type of questions will be asked?

Also you said in your initial post that some questions were no brainer questions, was these just mutiple choice/SATA? In general did you have more multiple choice or SATA questions?

For sterile and non-sterile compounding, especially non-sterile, what would you focus more on?

Also biostats, I haven't reviewed it yet in rx prep, but overall how is it on the exam. Is it mostly general knowledge questions, calculate number needed to treat, RRR, choosing what is clinical significance, etc? Do you need to memorize the chart to know what set of test to interpret data? Again thanks!!

@Charcoales thanks for the reply! Sorry to ask these questions, but I'm just generally curious.

Would you say the rx prep quizzes are similar to test questions and help give you a general idea on what type of questions will be asked?

Also you said in your initial post that some questions were no brainer questions, was these just mutiple choice/SATA? In general did you have more multiple choice or SATA questions?

For sterile and non-sterile compounding, especially non-sterile, what would you focus more on?

Also biostats, I haven't reviewed it yet in rx prep, but overall how is it on the exam. Is it mostly general knowledge questions, calculate number needed to treat, RRR, choosing what is clinical significance, etc? Do you need to memorize the chart to know what set of test to interpret data? Again thanks!!
The multiple choice questions felt like free points compared to select all questions.

Biostats must know how to calculate! Rx prep questions were harder than actual exam. The multiple choice math questions were laughably easy compared to type in answer ones.

Not sure on compounding tbh most were compounding calculations.

Last edited:
What about generic vs brand, should I really know all brans which impossible or the top 200 meds will be enough?

Members don't see this ad :)
What about generic vs brand, should I really know all brans which impossible or the top 200 meds will be enough?
There were some brand/generic I didn't know was kicking myself after since they were in the top XXX drug name not top 200. Most were easy any pharmacist would know imho.

Ok cool. Thank you!
Still waiting for you to say u passed lol
I know I'm starting to freak out haha. Been like over a week no response yet if my 4-5 months of studying 2-3 hrs a day weren't enough I'm gonna feel bad to say the least.

Nah don't think this way just relax. I have read and heard that for some states the results take longer for whatever reason.
I mean I totally feel you, waiting is the worst but you studies hard so u'll pass don't freak out.

I have two more weeks for the exam and I lost my patience and strength already lol

Nah don't think this way just relax. I have read and heard that for some states the results take longer for whatever reason.
I mean I totally feel you, waiting is the worst but you studies hard so u'll pass don't freak out.

I have two more weeks for the exam and I lost my patience and strength already lol
Haha good luck! Make sure to take as many practice exam as possible and any question you get wrong figure out why and make sure to remember for exam! (I used RxPrep and Med Ed 101 practice exams if you needed sources)

Oh I really appreciate your advice I will do so, and i'm going back to your comments trying to know more!

PASSED GOT A 115 :O
Omg!! Congratulations!!
I have been reading this thread and been very helpful.
I planning on taking mine next month, and I am super nervous about this new NAPLEX. Im studying and taking RxPrep quizzes and my score are 55-70%, which is making me super super nervous. How similar are RxPrep quizzes to real NAPLEX?

Omg!! Congratulations!!
I planning on taking mine next month, and I am super nervous about this new NAPLEX. Im studying and taking RxPrep quizzes and my score are 55-70%, which is making me super super nervous. How similar are RxPrep quizzes to real NAPLEX?
I was getting only ~60% on the Rx prep quizzes too but I made sure to know why I got the question wrong and to get to every quiz before exam so to see all the questions from Rx prep

Omg!! Congratulations!!

WOW congrats!! This really sounds good and optimistic for me lol