Applying to jobs before license posts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayuka001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently passed the boards and just turned in my pharmacist licensure app with CA board of pharmacy. I know it can take 1 week or more to get your license posted. Can I apply for jobs now or do I have to wait for my license to post? (If I apply now should I just leave the licensure # area blank on the application?)

Thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

Wait until you have your actual license number. If you don't have it yet, many online application systems will automatically filter your application out before a decision-maker can even see it.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,
I recently passed the boards and just turned in my pharmacist licensure app with CA board of pharmacy. I know it can take 1 week or more to get your license posted. Can I apply for jobs now or do I have to wait for my license to post? (If I apply now should I just leave the licensure # area blank on the application?)

Thanks alot!

In my area, my DM will just toss your app if it's even a question whether you're licensed or not. He doesn't have time for that sht.