Applying in October?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted557498

Is it too late to apply in October? I can't apply before October because my letters of rec won't be ready and because of financial reasons.
I'm taking the OAT on October 23rd and I'll submit my OPTOMCAS the same day so they will probably get my scores by mid-late November.
GPA is 3.4, a lot of shadowing/work experience with optometrists.
I'm applying to SCCO, SCO in Tennessee, IU, AZCOPT, NOVA, Houston.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'll be fine as long as your science GPA and your OAT are good! October is definitely not early but I wouldn't say it's too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Is it too late to apply in October? I can't apply before October because my letters of rec won't be ready and because of financial reasons.
I'm taking the OAT on October 23rd and I'll submit my OPTOMCAS the same day so they will probably get my scores by mid-late November.
GPA is 3.4, a lot of shadowing/work experience with optometrists.
I'm applying to SCCO, SCO in Tennessee, IU, AZCOPT, NOVA, Houston.

I think you'll be fine. Just make sure you study really hard for the OAT. my scores: AA 300 and TS 310. SCO told me my scores were too low and want me to retake it. However, NOVA offered me an interview as well as UAB and ICO. So as long as you get a 300 or above (both AA and TS) then you should be fine. Personally, if 3 schools were fine with my score, then I don't see any reason to retake it. LOL. But yea if you get scores like mine, don't be discouraged. You can still get an interview even if you apply in October which is not too late.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told by an adcom once that anything in or before November is considered "early/not late". Your GPA is solid, so as long as you do well on your OAT (at least 300 in each section) you should be fine!

Reactions: 1 users