General Admissions & OTCAS Applying 2018 cycle- what can I work on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatcar

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm applying to schools starting in July and I just want people to look over my stats and experience to see what they think about my chances at these schools.

Undergrad GPA- around 3.53
Pre-req- around 3.7-3.9
GRE- 149q, 160v, 4.5 writing
Major- Psychology major, public health minor

Experience
- Peer Mentor/Direct Support Professional for individuals with Autism/other developmental disabilities- 2 years
- Office of Disability Services Note Taker
- Babysitter for child with Autism
- Research Assistant for the VA Hospital
- Philanthropy Coordinator for my sorority + various volunteer activities

Shadowing
- 30 hours outpatient clinic (part of a hospital)
- 30 hours hand therapy
- 18.5 hours community clinic
- 22 hours elementary school
- 11 hours SNF/rehab center

Schools I'm applying to: Ithaca College, WUSTL, MUSC, Le Moyne, Texas Women's University Eastern Kentucky

Thanks guys! Any advice for individual schools is always welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I'm applying to schools starting in July and I just want people to look over my stats and experience to see what they think about my chances at these schools.

Undergrad GPA- around 3.53
Pre-req- around 3.7-3.9
GRE- 149q, 160v, 4.5 writing
Major- Psychology major, public health minor

Experience
- Peer Mentor/Direct Support Professional for individuals with Autism/other developmental disabilities- 2 years
- Office of Disability Services Note Taker
- Babysitter for child with Autism
- Research Assistant for the VA Hospital
- Philanthropy Coordinator for my sorority + various volunteer activities

Shadowing
- 30 hours outpatient clinic (part of a hospital)
- 30 hours hand therapy
- 18.5 hours community clinic
- 22 hours elementary school
- 11 hours SNF/rehab center

Schools I'm applying to: Ithaca College, WUSTL, MUSC, Le Moyne, Texas Women's University Eastern Kentucky

Thanks guys! Any advice for individual schools is always welcome!

Your stats look great! With you applying in July, there is little to improve stats wise. Your shadowing hours aren't high, but you do have a variety of settings which is great for experience & application wise! I'm not too familiar with the schools you are applying to, but I believe you will get into at least 1 school out of your list. Just make sure your personal statement is as good as your stats. and if those schools require interviews make sure you're prepared! Good luck to you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to TWU. Same major. Your pre-req GPA, quantitative score, and verbal score are better than mine. I only did the minimum shadowing hours. I have no related work experience, extracurriculars, or volunteer work. If I can get in, I know you can. Just make sure your LORs and statement are good. I think that's what separated me from other applicants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user