Appalachian College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Happy early birthday! Try and not to stress too hard over the interview ( I know it's hard to do; I was nervous as well). This will be the most laid back interview you will ever have.

The way I prepared for it was looking at potential interview questions. I found a good set of questions from Ohio State University(https://pharmacy.osu.edu/forms/allstudents/career-services-2012/CommonInterviewQuestions.pdf). I made sure that I had an answer for every potential question on the list. This may seem excessive, but I wanted to be prepared for whatever was asked. Then I watched a lot of videos on youtube from "thepharmacistblog.com". The videos helped out a lot; especially the interview portion (hint)

Again, don't freak out, and try to be yourself. You should be fine as long as you prepare in some way. Let us know how it goes. Good luck on Saturday!:)

good info !! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 12th and still haven't received anything. Is it taking this long for anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted today! I'm beyond happy...I received the background Certiphi email this morning around 5 am ish! Class of 2017 whoot whoot!!
:)
Congrats!!! If I may ask, when was your interview?

Last edited:
I interviewed on the 12th and still haven't received anything. Is it taking this long for anyone else?

I interviewed on the 26th and no word. They said for me to contact them if I didn't hear back by last friday, so I did. She replied back and said that they were behind with the admissions decisions, and that's pretty much it. Waiting sucks...hope they send something soon.

Anyone else on the alternate list?

Last edited:
Anyone else on the alternate list?

I'm on the alternate list. I talked to a few people about it. Allison one of the admissions advisors told me right now there are about 70 people on the alternate list and potentially only 5-7 seats could open up. Sounds like there are a lot of applicants this year and most are keeping their seats. I did also talk to the dean of admissions (wade?) during my interview and got a totally different answer. He told me that since it was the last interview they were having, they are hoping to fill the remaining 21 spots with people from this group. But at least half of the students offered an admission decline their seats so eventually everyone from this interview will get in. So I was under the impression that even people on the alternate list will eventually be accepted. But after emailing Allison and getting her response, I'm not too sure anymore. Have you talked to anyone regarding the alternate list??

I'm on the alternate list. I talked to a few people about it. Allison one of the admissions advisors told me right now there are about 70 people on the alternate list and potentially only 5-7 seats could open up. Sounds like there are a lot of applicants this year and most are keeping their seats. I did also talk to the dean of admissions (wade?) during my interview and got a totally different answer. He told me that since it was the last interview they were having, they are hoping to fill the remaining 21 spots with people from this group. But at least half of the students offered an admission decline their seats so eventually everyone from this interview will get in. So I was under the impression that even people on the alternate list will eventually be accepted. But after emailing Allison and getting her response, I'm not too sure anymore. Have you talked to anyone regarding the alternate list??

I've talked to Alison and Sherrie, but neither of them said anything so specific. Sherrie did say that the list was moving slowly right now, but that it is likely that some seats will open up soon. No indication as to how many from either person. I do wish I knew more, but unfortunately that's all for right now. Hopefully June will be a good month for the alternates. Post if you hear anything and I will as well

Has anyone from the alternate list been accepted in the last 2 weeks?

haven't heard anything yet. I just got a general "are you still interested?" email. have you heard anything yet?

no, i got waitlisted at another school too but its really far and out of state. so id rather go to ACP if they'll accept me! but its pretty late into june and i'm getting really worried :eek:. i hope after that email, the alternate list downsized...less competition when spots do open up hehe. what about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed at another school as well, but ACP is the one I really want to go to. Definitely not the summer I was hoping for, but I'm sure the wait list has been narrowed down some. If for no other reason than the fact that this forum is pretty much dead, lol...so at least there's that assurance...inference, rather. Wish I knew more

your right this forum is pretty much dead. I read through last years and the previous years forums. people were posting that they were accepted through mid-July. soo there's still some hope! I emailed Sherrie and Allison for an update last week and I haven't gotten a reply. I think they're probably annoyed at those weekly emails they encouraged haha

I was accepted on May 30th!!! For those still waiting just be patient. The people who are already accepted that don't meet the final grade requirements for summer school classes or can't get enough financial aid will certainly open spots up for people on the waiting list. But it is late in the summer, so IDK for sure.

congrats!! i hope some spots open up soon. this waiting is killing me :nailbiting:

I was placed on the alternate's list for the fall class as well, but I was just offered a seat on Thursday, June 26th. All I can say is just be patient, continue to contact school officials to notify them of your continued interest, and with constant prayer you'll get in.
Good Luck!

I was placed on the alternate's list for the fall class as well, but I was just offered a seat on Thursday, June 26th. All I can say is just be patient, continue to contact school officials to notify them of your continued interest, and with constant prayer you'll get in.
Good Luck!

Congratulations! Thanks, I hope it happens soon!

Good Luck!
congrats! what did you ask when you emailed them? ive been emailing sherri, but i've only been asking if there has been any changes with the wait list. not sure what else to ask or say to them, or who else to email.

Hey guys. I have 4.43 gpa and 383 pcat score. 14Percentile. Does anybody has any idea if i can get into this school with this pcat ?

Hey guys. I have 4.43 gpa and 383 pcat score. 14Percentile. Does anybody has any idea if i can get into this school with this pcat ?
4.43? Gpa is calculated out of 4. So no way you have a 4.43.... Maybe a 3.43, but even still how the heck do you fail so badly at the pcat with that gpa... The grade inflation at schools is real