Appalachian College of Pharmacy vs. University of Wyoming

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lifeisgood!!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate any feedback about these two programs. It is nearly impossible to find reviews about either school.

Members don't see this ad.

I would appreciate any feedback about these two programs. It is nearly impossible to find reviews about either school.

IDK much about the school or their program, but Appalachian College of Pharmacy is in my hometown. If you want to live for 3 years in a town with no bars, malls, culture, or entertainment then that's the place for you. Also, it is very difficult for them to find you rotation spots and I have heard that many of their students have to travel quite a bit for APPEs. I could have gone there, stayed rent free, and been done a year sooner but I opted to go elsewhere if that tells you anything.

I have 3.43 gpa with 383 pcat score... 14 percentile. Do i have any chance to get into this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would pick Wyoming simply because 3 year programs do not allow adequate time to network during breaks. When jobs were easy to come by and all you needed was a license and a heartbeat to be hired it made sense to get that degree as fast as possible. Now with jobs scarce and residencies very competitive I would choose a school that would allow me the summer off to work/intern at companies to get my food in the door so you will have a job when you graduate

BTW, I went to ACP so I can tell you just about anything you want to know.