Technology App or Technology to Make Notes Faster?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theanswer03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My job doesn't have an EMR to enter notes, and I have to type 30-35 notes every day on new patient consults or followups, print them, and give them to medical records to be filed in the patients' charts. Notes take me upwards of 3(+) hours everyday, sometimes longer.

Does anyone know of any technology or have any advice that could speed this up for me, outside of hiring an outside transcription service?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest creating a template that you can use everyday or even using autoprompts such as available through applications like Slack to speed things up. As a GP I would suggest writing or dictating notes immediately after you see the patient for greater accuracy and this will speed things up too. Good luck!

General Practitioner, Digital Health Innovator
Medical App for doctors - Dem Dx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 and Philips LFH-3500 SpeechMike Premium USB dictation microphone --> Has anyone used these products or have any insight?

Hi, try Google keeps , I use it in my android device, We can even record voices and touch draw the notes. I use it everyday as we can also set reminders.
For most phones it comes as a built in app
Evernote is also a best alternative

Last edited by a moderator: