APMLE Part 1 2017 (c/o 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AEFit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought we should have an official boards thread like previous classes. Feel free to add whatever you want: study tips, resources, how much you're freaking out, complain afterward about how bad it went, brag that your school had 100% pass rate when scores come out etc etc you know, the normal boards thread.

Members don't see this ad.

How did everyone feel about the exam? Easy/Hard? Now that the dust has started to settle my sense is that most people don't know how to feel about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea how to feel about it. Definitely don't think it was mainly LEA, micro and pharm like I had hoped. My exam had a ton of biochem, HA and physio. Then some really random path. Honestly I hardly got any LEA and the ones I did get were lot easy and pretty sure I got wrong.
Just hoping for the best at this point

Reactions: 1 user
I felt pretty numb walking out of the exam. Been doing my best not to dwell on the questions I missed. Most people at my school feel the same way I do. Definitely didn't feel like there was a lot of lower limb. Felt like I got a lot of path and physio questions. Oh well, just gonna hope for the best.

Reactions: 1 users
Yea been trying not to dwell on the questions I got wrong but I definitely got a handful wrong that I'm thinking about it. Didn't feel there was much lower and a lot of pharm/micro and physio. hoping theres a curve that'll work in my favor / questions will be thrown out

I was disappointed in the amount of lower extremity anatomy questions and microbiology on my APMLE part 1 boards. My test breakdown did not match the breakdown rubric given by APMLE. Most of the LE questions I did receive were ambiguous and hard. At my school we are all hoping for the best. I wonder if this was the same test format from previous years? It is interesting they let us go back and review questions this year.

I was disappointed in the amount of lower extremity anatomy questions and microbiology on my APMLE part 1 boards. My test breakdown did not match the breakdown rubric given by APMLE. Most of the LE questions I did receive were ambiguous and hard. At my school we are all hoping for the best. I wonder if this was the same test format from previous years? It is interesting they let us go back and review questions this year.
You got to go back and review the difficult questions?? That's cool. Did they tell you that you would be able to go back and review questions before the exam?

You got to go back and review the difficult questions?? That's cool. Did they tell you that you would be able to go back and review questions before the exam?
It was in the last NBPME report I believe, that they would allow backtracking from this exam onwards.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Yeah it was announced a month or so before that due to the new LOFT style testing, going back would be permitted.

August 1 approaches. My school definitely feels nervous about it. As most people posted, it seemed to be very little LEAN and MICRO. Instead there was a focus on PATH and PHYSIO. Some questions for LEAN were obscure and probably school specific (taught in one particular school). Same with PATH and PHYSIO. I think a curve will most likely be needed seeing as it was meh across the board.

I do feel thankful that they allowed us to go back and review marked questions. Doing the exam once and going back definitely helped me answer some questions.

Yeah now that we are basically a week out is driving me insane. The whole not being aware of the passing or cut score is what is killing a lot of people at my school. There seems to be a general consensus that 55% is roughly needed. I don't know if that means 55% of 205 aka 112 or 113 right or if it means out of the 155 that count so roughly 85 correct. With both of these scenarios you are assuming that you are doing roughly the same on the toss out questions as you are on the ones that count. Other people have said that you need 112 out of 155 or around 75% which basically assumes that you missed all 50 of the trial questions (theoretically impossible). If anyone has any information from their schools on this situation and what is needed to pass part 1 that would be greatly appreciated. I do understand that nobody really knows the truth but just based off of upperclassman or teachers.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have heard 50 questions are automatically eliminated. AKA they are questions that are placed simply for the sake of statistical modelling. The curve is then made with the remaining questions. The curve changes from year to year depending on the overall performance of the students. How is the class of 2019 performing in other schools? Is it a "smarter" class (higher performing) than the class of 2018? In my school, the general consensus is that our class is definitely performing much better than the class of 2018 so we expect the curve to be placed higher. But that is just for my school. I am not sure how other schools' classes compare.

Anyone know how we'll get our scores on Tuesday? Will they be available on prometric? Do we have to wait for an email from Dean?

Anyone know how we'll get our scores on Tuesday? Will they be available on prometric? Do we have to wait for an email from Dean?

We received an email from our dean here at Scholl today which stated we would receive an email from her office once they get the results from prometric/NBPME and we have to call, email or go to the office of a faculty member to get our results... Is this not cruel and unusual punishment lol?

Good luck everyone!

Scores are up. Hoping for the best for everyone! Good luck!

2017 APMLE Pt 1 national first-time pass rate 88%
Barry: 82% (10 failed out of 56)

You guys think the prometric scores are legit this year? I read in years past that they were wrong. But this year they didn't show until the score release date so I'm thinking they're legitimate?

You guys think the prometric scores are legit this year? I read in years past that they were wrong. But this year they didn't show until the score release date so I'm thinking they're legitimate?

I think so. I actually found out I passed via the prometric website before my school even emailed me the official result indicating that I passed

Nothing official from Temple, but I've heard rumors it's around the national average.

It looks like most school and the national average is higher than previous years. I wonder if the back tracking this year helped with that.

Midwestern 100%. Professor just told us today

Can someone please show me how to check my score ? Thank you so much.