Anyone studying medicine (MBBS) in China? Help !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmyBaroi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the process of applying to china? Can you suggest me some good medical schools that has English MBBS curriculam ?
Which country is better for studying MBBS? China or Japan?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am pretty sure the school curriculums are conducted in Mandarin and Japanese respectively so you would have to be fluent in the local languages. Assuming you are however, Japan would be a better option.

Unless you are fluent, it is almost futile really.

Just curious, why are you looking to Asia anyway? Just find it weird since people from Asia are trying to get into western medical schools...

I am pretty sure the school curriculums are conducted in Mandarin and Japanese respectively so you would have to be fluent in the local languages. Assuming you are however, Japan would be a better option.

Unless you are fluent, it is almost futile really.

Just curious, why are you looking to Asia anyway? Just find it weird since people from Asia are trying to get into western medical schools...

You won't be able to study medicine in Japan unless you speak fluent Japanese. You can try English language MBBS programs in China, but i don't recommend it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Medstart108. I wouldn't recommend studying in China, although there are quite a few universities that there have programs that offer an MBBS degree that are in English. They are actually a lot easier to get accepted into and you can even go straight out of high school. They are also a lot cheaper, but basically you get what you pay for. The quality of education, even at the top ranked medical universities is not so good, mainly because the professors aren't fluent in English. Unless you speak Mandarin, it may be a bit hard to adjust to life in China as well. Overall, I know that there's China Medical University in Shenyang, Dalian Medical University, and Harbin Medical University that offer an MBBS degree and they are all programs that are taught in English. I'm not familiar with schools in Japan however, so sorry about that. If you want to apply to a Chinese medical university, I know you can apply through an agency called Cucas, you can google it. However, I strongly advise you to give it a second thought, it's not for everyone.

China is better then Japan. Because the MBBS Fees Structure in China is approx 20000RMB to 30000RMB which is lower then that of any country. The Universities in China are affiliated by the WHO(World Health Organization) as well as by the UNESCO.
List of Universities in China
Shihezi University:

Qingdao University:
Jilian University
Central South University
Dalian University
Nanjing Medical University

In all these Universities the subjects are also teached in English language.

You have to remember who will take you as a practising physician after you graduate. The majority of the students in these programs are from India, and they intend to return to India after they finish. If you are from some other countries you need to be prepared for where you want to end up. Graduating from China will probably put you at a disadvantage if you want to do residency in the US for example. As even though China is a developed country in many fields, healthcare is definitely not one of them.

Not to mention the fact that you'll need to learn Chinese for the patients there.

China is best. In the beginning, I faced so many problems in collecting information about the China system of medical education and Universities present there. I had no knowledge about the fee structure, eligibility criteria, procedure of admission and entrance. However after coming in contact with Universal Education Consultants, I got relived of all my troubles. I gained a lot of valuable information from this universalcolleges.com consultancy, which eventually helped me in a lot of ways. I really feel great to be a part of this consultancy.

MBBS in China for Indian students is a best option and great choice. China Medical University is a reputed and top ranking University in China, it attracts the best talents available in the country. There are lots of faculties in our university, who have studied in Europe, USA or UK and those who have worked in these countries and can speak English very well. Moreover, as our University conduct students exchange program and faculty exchange program with universities from USA, UK and other countries, so our faculty have a very good exposure to English program, English speaking students and International students.

Connect with MBBS abroad consultants which is Universal Education Consultants in India. Best MBBS abroad consultants who help you and guide you to get admission in top and best medical university in China at low MBBS course fees that perfect match with your profile.