anyone hear back yet from NHSC on decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.0ne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
just checking to see if decisions are starting to be made

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't hear in 2015 until June 23 if that helps. I still haven't heard back from my renewal application. HRSA score is 17.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to hear back. First time applicant.

Question tho - as a renewal applicant, you have to renew your application every year after the initial offer is made? if they decide to say no, are you then responsible for paying back the year the gave u money for??

Seems confusing as to why you need to renew an application. Is it just to check good standing

For each new reward amount, yes, you have to renew your application. For instance, after my 2-year initial term and receiving 50k, I have had to reapply for the first annual 20k renewal. The process isn't as daunting, but it isn't all that particularly clear how it works. They have limited funding, obviously. So what happens if your site score drops during your initial 2-years? Does that mean you're out of luck? or is it pretty much a rubber stamp once you are in the program? I didn't get any answers when I spoke to a representative over the phone. My 2-year service term is over now, and I haven't heard anything back from the NHSC after putting in a renewal application in February.

Still waiting to hear back. First time applicant.

Question tho - as a renewal applicant, you have to renew your application every year after the initial offer is made? if they decide to say no, are you then responsible for paying back the year the gave u money for??

Seems confusing as to why you need to renew an application. Is it just to check good standing

For each new reward amount, yes, you have to renew your application. For instance, after my 2-year initial term and receiving 50k, I have had to reapply for the first annual 20k renewal. The process isn't as daunting, but it isn't all that particularly clear how it works. They have limited funding, obviously. So what happens if your site score drops during your initial 2-years? Does that mean you're out of luck? or is it pretty much a rubber stamp once you are in the program? I didn't get any answers when I spoke to a representative over the phone. My 2-year service term is over now, and I haven't heard anything back from the NHSC after putting in a renewal application in February.

You guys need to be more specific about which application you're talking about.

If you are applying to be a SCHOLAR, no, you do not need to renew your application every year. It is assumed that you get the full four years (or however many more years you have left of school).

If you applying for LOAN REPAYMENT, then yes, you need to renew your application after every 2 year cycle.

If you are applying to be a SCHOLAR, no, you do not need to renew your application every year. It is assumed that you get the full four years (or however many more years you have left of school).

If you applying for LOAN REPAYMENT, then yes, you need to renew your application after every 2 year cycle.

I'm referring to the loan repayment program. And with it, there are actually 1-year cycles outside of the initial 2-year term.

Ahh i see. I was referring to the NHSC scholarship program for the 4 years of med school.
Thanks for the clarification.

I still have not heard back

Ahh i see. I was referring to the NHSC scholarship program for the 4 years of med school.
Thanks for the clarification.

I still have not heard back

And to close the loop, I did. I couldn't find anything online about others' renewal experience, but for me, my renewal came 4 days after I finished my initial service commitment.

Received my finalist email for loan repayment on 7/20! My site score was 23.

thanks! when did you submit your application?
Few days before the deadline. Anyone have any idea of how to go about changing schools on the application?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Few days before the deadline. Anyone have any idea of how to go about changing schools on the application?

I saw someone on this forum that was withdrawn from the scholarship application because of changing schools. The school information you sent in on the application is the school you are supposed to go to. You can contact them to see if they are willing to change but I heard that is not really likely.

I saw someone on this forum that was withdrawn from the scholarship application because of changing schools. The school information you sent in on the application is the school you are supposed to go to. You can contact them to see if they are willing to change but I heard that is not really likely.
That was probably me. I left my application just incase it could be changed after I get offered the scholarship. If not it looks like a scholarship is going to open up for some body

That was probably me. I left my application just incase it could be changed after I get offered the scholarship. If not it looks like a scholarship is going to open up for some body

Oh it was! I apologize for not checking before! But I mean it is always worth the shot to see what will happen! Best of luck to you either way!

Oh it was! I apologize for not checking before! But I mean it is always worth the shot to see what will happen! Best of luck to you either way!

Yeah God forbid I choose a school that is a 100k cheaper and save the government money.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah God forbid I choose a school that is a 100k cheaper and save the government money.
I think that would be stupid of them not do to that... Shoot that almost could open another scholarship to people at lower cost schools.

Does finalist mean you got the scholarship or you are now in a pool from which they will further select the winners?

In the email they asked if I wanted to accept the reward and they wanted my enrollment and bank info . So I assume it is final. I need to call Monday.

Reactions: 1 user