Anyone getting feedback on rank chances from Med Peds programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureNCmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear my fellow MS4s talking about how they are getting "we are ranking you to match" or "we are ranking you #1" emails and calls from PDs. Granted these are people going in to Psychiatry and Pathology (very different from MedPeds), but it's making me nervous. The only post interview correspondence I've gotten were the Thank you notes and a few Christmas cards and maybe one or two "keep us in mind and here is a list of what makes our program so great" emails.

Members don't see this ad.

I also have not received any "you are ranked to match" correspondences. Maybe that's a medpeds thing?

I have received nothing. Some programs (UChicago, Duke) even allude to the fact that they prefer to avoid this game and that not receiving correspondence from them means nothing at all - i.e. you could be ranked to match.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also told by multiple programs that these types of emails are not allowed and they are going to stick strictly to the rules. I was also told by one program that there would be no further contact at all from them (but to feel free to ask questions of them if we have them). The only correspondence I've gotten was along the lines of what futureNCmed got.

Agree with all the above posters that I have heard nothing specific in this regard. And similarly a few programs explicitly said they did not do any post-interview correspondence. Good luck all!