Anyone from Stanford?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmrhopeful

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping that I could ask a few questions to any PMR resident who is at Stanford. If possible, please send me a message!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that I could ask a few questions to any PMR resident who is at Stanford. If possible, please send me a message!

Thanks

If you haven't heard from anyone yet, I recommend calling/e-mailing their program coordinator and ask for the e-mail of the chief residents or another resident you could talk to.

If you haven't heard from anyone yet, I recommend calling/e-mailing their program coordinator and ask for the e-mail of the chief residents or another resident you could talk to.
Hi!

I am a graduating Stanford PM&R resident going into Dartmouth Pain Medicine Fellowship. Happy to answer any questions. I wrote a post about this on another thread but I will copy it here.

In general, I love our program. I honestly believe we have an amazing balance between teaching, quality of life, and some of the best attendings in our field. Bay Area living is awesome - just on the expensive side but we are also some of the highest paid residents. Our PD is Dr. Kennedy who is not only an amazing teacher and renowned in the spine world, but also leading our program to be stronger every year. Just in these 3 years I have been in the program, I have noticed significant improvement and our feedback is taken seriously. I can honestly say all of my PGY4 co-residents are super happy we picked this program - we all got into our top choice for fellowship or job. Additionally, as a residency, we definitely excel on a national level. Our residents have held the Vice President and President positions on the AAPM&R Resident Physician Council for the past 4 years straight. We also have residents on committees with the AAP and SIS, and we consistently have residents conducting some of the best research presented at the national meetings.

What prompted me to get on and check SDN is that during our yearly review, it was mentioned that there were some old posts about our program that is not reflective of the way things are now. Our program is rigorous, and expectations of residents are high, but DEFINITELY not malignant. I don't think any resident ever has gone over duty hours, and rarely have I ever heard anyone feeling overwhelmed. There is tremendous support from our attendings and from the program in general. In the time I was here, we did have one person leave the residency but that individual went to a completely different field (it didn't have anything to do with not liking our program)

I am more than happy to answer any questions about my time here. Shoot me a message.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user