Anyone applying to Marshall Ketchum or West Coast or currently attend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PromisedNeverland

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is the program at West Coast?

Anyone else applying to Marshall B Ketchum ?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to MBKU and got an interview. I did not apply to West Coast. Have you been invited for any interviews yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
doesn't look like lots of people apply to these schools
Agreed. This is likely because both schools are not yet fully accredited. West Coast seemed a bit "shady" to me so I didn't even apply.

Reactions: 1 user

I had my interview at West coast and I should say by far it is the worst school and interview ever. The instructor who interviewed me was so so RUDE . He even made fun of my answers couple of time, which made me feel uncomfortable and at the same time stupid. The school tuition is identical to Western University, but the facilities are not even comparable. Every thing was so basic and colorful (not like a professional school more like a kindergarten class). Students have 5 months of every year which I believe is not good at all. I am pretty sure I would not attend the school even if I got accepted. That was the worst experience ever.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to MBKU and got an interview. I did not apply to West Coast. Have you been invited for any interviews yet?
How long after submitting apps did you receive an interview? I submitted my app on Feb 14th and had it verified by PharmCas on the 23rd, still haven't heard anything from the school acknowledging they have received my application. Is the school even worth going to?

How long after submitting apps did you receive an interview? I submitted my app on Feb 14th and had it verified by PharmCas on the 23rd, still haven't heard anything from the school acknowledging they have received my application. Is the school even worth going to?
I applied on October 31st, got an interview November (about a week later). Interviewed last week and got accepted today but denying. If you're a competetive applicant I would apply to schools next cycle and atleast try for a better School

Reactions: 1 users
check out chapman university, they have a new 60 million dollar facility with impressive lab equipment. I visited KGI and the labs are just standard. it's like a night and day difference no joke, I cant speak on behalf of west coast or ketchum, but I heard ketchum doesn't have a lab yet from one of my friends who got accepted there but decided not to go through with it for that reason, he actually went to chapman.

Last edited:
check out chapman university, they have a new 60 million dollar facility with impressive lab equipment. I visited KGI and the labs are just standard. it's like a night and day difference no joke, I cant speak on behalf of west coast or ketchum, but I heard ketchum doesn't have a lab yet from one of my friends who got accepted there but decided not to go through with it for that reason, he actually went to chapman.
Is Marshall B Ketchum new ? 2017 is their first class? thanks

Did you hear back from them?

I love how everyone is bashing this school. I go to CSUF and my pre PA and optometry classmates apply to western university in Pomona generally after they get denied by Marshall Ketchum because their programs are ridiculously competitive.

I interviewed there and got put on the alternate list, sadly.....

Members don't see this ad :)
No I never did. However, I will be withdrawing my application or denying an interview invite
They are so weird. At least they email and let you know your status. I wonder if other people get intervirw from them?

I love how everyone is bashing this school. I go to CSUF and my pre PA and optometry classmates apply to western university in Pomona generally after they get denied by Marshall Ketchum because their programs are ridiculously competitive.

I interviewed there and got put on the alternate list, sadly.....
Im graduated from CUSF too. Did you go to interview at Ketchum or Pomona?

Im graduated from CUSF too. Did you go to interview at Ketchum or Pomona?

I'm graduating from CSUF this may! I interviewed for Ketchum. btw this is their second class being admitted.

I'm graduating from CSUF this may! I interviewed for Ketchum. btw this is their second class being admitted.
How was the interview? How long it take for them to send you interview invitation? Theres one person here say they never get back to them

The schedule was 830 to 12, theres a 30 minute interview with a teacher and a student, and its very relaxed. I actually walked in with notes and they told me to just talk to them.

Maybe you should call them, ask for Chris bell. I applied in October and got an interview invitation just before thanksgiving!

The schedule was 830 to 12, theres a 30 minute interview with a teacher and a student, and its very relaxed. I actually walked in with notes and they told me to just talk to them.

Maybe you should call them, ask for Chris bell. I applied in October and got an interview invitation just before thanksgiving!
Thank you. Did you get in already?

no I got put on the alternate list :(
I was on the alternate list as well but got an interview invite on Tuesday, I never got a chance to email back saying I'm withdrawing my app and declining the interview. I'm sure if I got off the list, you can too. They have 3 more interviews at least, I could choose from March 31st, one in April I believe around Easter, and on May 5th. You still have a lot of time

I was on the alternate list as well but got an interview invite on Tuesday, I never got a chance to email back saying I'm withdrawing my app and declining the interview. I'm sure if I got off the list, you can too. They have 3 more interviews at least, I could choose from March 31st, one in April I believe around Easter, and on May 5th. You still have a lot of time

Hi, West coast lot better than MBKU, they don't have candidate status yet. No word whether they will get it. better to wait than join a program that is not accredited

KETCHUM is not accredited; they are telling people lies that they are they don't have candidate status

KETCHUM is not accredited; they are telling people lies that they are they don't have candidate status

Go on the official ACPE website....it's fully accredited lol. Seems like you don't want people to apply there...you should just tell people not apply to ANY pharmacy school tbh...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile