Any tips for those starting fellowships in July?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freezeout

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any tips from former/current fellows for those of us who are going to start fellowships in July? Any recommended resources to get before we start?

Members don't see this ad.

The sports doc at my residency (who just finished fellowship) said getting through the AMSSM US course is worth while ahead of time and said if I'm eager to read anything, get the AMSSM CAQ study guide because thats everything you want to see next year before taking the test.

Yeah the CAQ study guide would be good, as well as any of the MSK questions from the AAFP board review. Remember you guys take 2 ITE's, one in July (the previous academic year's ITE), and the actual one in February. As an ITE question writer, I highly recommend brushing up on some questions! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard the netters sports medicine book was good. My new APD told me it might be worth while to go to the SMART course at AMSSM if I was going.

Yeah the CAQ study guide would be good, as well as any of the MSK questions from the AAFP board review. Remember you guys take 2 ITE's, one in July (the previous academic year's ITE), and the actual one in February. As an ITE question writer, I highly recommend brushing up on some questions! :)

So as a current fellow, the amssm website shows that registration for the feb 17 ite is open..but no link anywhere... any thoughts?