Any research opportunities the summer before medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgDoc95

Surgery Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to do research before I start medical school at KCU in July. Anyone know of any research opportunities I could take advantage of this summer? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Looking to do research before I start medical school at KCU in July. Anyone know of any research opportunities I could take advantage of this summer? Thanks!

See, that's where you've gone wrong.

Trust me, I'm all for working as hard as you can to get ahead. But this is the one time where no one, no one, gives a f#@# about what you do this summer. Next summer, sure it'll help. But now it won't, so take the time to enjoy the last true break you'll have for the next decade

There's always the off chance that doing research is the enjoyable thing RamsFan would rather do... ok, yeah, that's absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Future you will tell you to enjoy your summer. If you want to be proactive, maybe find 1 or 2 active projects that are of interest to you and e-mail the PI, say you are interested and set up a phone call or a meeting to discuss getting involved when you arrive.

There's always the off chance that doing research is the enjoyable thing RamsFan would rather do... ok, yeah, that's absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
True, but if so they would probably have led with research interests, not the name of their medical school, and not said 'take advantage of''....