Any Questions for KSUCPM 1st year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KSUPOD2021

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I am a first year at KSUCPM! Feel free to ask me any questions!
Oh man, I'm glad you showed up. I've been thinking about a lot of things lately.

Could you please answer the following:
Who closes the door after the bus driver gets off the bus?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
What do you call a female daddy long legs?
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp which no decent human being would eat?
Do mimes watch silent movies?
If Pringles are “so good that once you pop, you can’t stop” why do they come with a resealable lid?

Just kidding of course.

For those who are applying make sure to ask first years about their experiences at the school and interviews. They just went through the interview process and they can tell you about the school they are attending. Schools change curriculum every year.

THANKS @KSUPOD2021 !! It's great to see first years getting involved on the forum. High five!! :claps::highfive:

There a few questions that always seem to be asked every year. From the list below, maybe you could pick about 10-15 and answer them:

Curriculum
1. Are there any special programs for which this podiatric medical school is noted?
2. Describe this school's curriculum in the pre-clinical and clinical years. Are there any innovations, like Problem-Based Learning?
3. Are there opportunities for students to design, conduct, and publish their own research?
4. Is there a note-taking service? If so, is it university-run or student-run?
5. Is there flexibility in the coursework (the number of electives) and the timing of the courses (accelerating, decelerating, and time off) during the pre-clinical and clinical years?
6. Has this podiatric medical school, or any of its clinical departments, been on probation or had its accreditation revoked?
7. How do students from this podiatric medical school perform on the National Board Examinations? How does the school assist students who do not pass?

Evaluations
8. How are students evaluated academically? How are clinical evaluations performed?
9. Is there a formal mechanism in place for students to evaluate their professors and attending physicians? What changes have been made recently as a result of this feedback?

Counseling/Student Support
10. What kind of academic, personal, financial, and career counseling is available to students? Are these services also offered to their spouses and dependents/children?
11. Is there a mentor/advisor system? Who are the advisors—faculty members, other students, or both?
12. How diverse is the student body? Are there support services or organizations for ethnic minorities and women?

Facilities
13. Tell me about the library and extracurricular facilities (i.e., housing and athletic/recreational facilities).
14. Are there computer facilities available to students? Are they integrated into the curriculum/learning?
15. What type of clinical sites—ambulatory, private preceptors, private hospitals, rural settings—are available or required for clerkships? Does this school allow for students to do rotations at other institutions or internationally?
16. Is a car necessary for clinical rotations? Is parking a problem?

Financial Aid
17. What is the current tuition and fees? Is this expected to increase yearly? If so, at what rate?
18. Are there stable levels of federal financial aid and substantial amounts of university/endowment aid available to students?
19. Are there students who have an "unmet need" factor in their budget? If so, where do these students come up with the extra funds?
20. Are spouses and dependents/children covered in a student's budget?
21. Is someone available to assist students with budgeting and financial planning?
22. Does this school provide guidance to its students, and to its graduates/alumni, on debt management?

Student Involvement
23. What school committees (e.g., curriculum committee) have student representation?
24. Are students involved in (required or voluntary) community service?
25. How active is the Student Council/Government? Are there other student organizations?

Policies
26. Is there an established protocol for dealing with student exposure to infectious diseases? Is disability insurance provided to cover this exposure?
27. Does this school provide, or does the student pay for, vaccinations against Hepatitis B or prophylactic AZT treatment in case of a needle-stick or accident?
28. Is there a school Honor Code? Is there a grievance process/procedure? Are the students involved?

Residency
29. May I see a list of residency programs to which this school's recent graduates were accepted?

Questions to Ask Yourself
30. Does this school have strengths in the type of podiatric medicine (primary care versus surgery versus biomechanics versus sports medicine) that I will want to practice?
31. Would I be happy at this school (for at least the next four years)?

Reactions: 1 user