Any point on reviewing the Kaplan's Diagnostic Test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the diagnostic from Kaplan were harder than actual MCAT. Is there any point to review this diagnostic? Or should I concentrate my time and effort on the homework and reading?

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard that the diagnostic from Kaplan were harder than actual MCAT. Is there any point to review this diagnostic? Or should I concentrate my time and effort on the homework and reading?

I think it is still worth to review the test so that you know what you did right and what you did wrong. Most of what you learn really comes from reviewing and reflecting to see why you chose the answers you picked and why it was right or wrong. I haven't taken Kaplan's diagnostic test so I don't know how hard it is but nonetheless I think it's worth it. It shouldn't take you long anyway since it's short I believe.

Yes, definitely review it as the above person mentioned. When I reviewed my Kaplan diagnostic I noticed trends in the types of questions I was missing, the topics I was most rusty on, and also common mistakes I kept repeating. This helped me tailor my studying and taught me to be more attentive towards not repeating the same mistake trends in the future.