Any Ghanaian, Nigerian or West African Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The best Cinderalla story in the world cup goes to....GHANA! Congrats to my people for overcoming the highest odds to dominate in the game against the Czechs. 2-0! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

mayoree said:
The best Cinderalla story in the world cup goes to....GHANA! Congrats to my people for overcoming the highest odds to dominate in the game against the Czechs. 2-0! :luck:

That was a great game!! It is about time we won!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How about any kenyan lost in the west african jungle?

To Abdizle, Kenyans are quite welcome. As long as you're down with the brown :laugh: I just wanted to add that Ghana has advanced to the second round after beating the USA 2-1!!!!!!! I'm loving this world cup! :love:

mayoree said:
To Abdizle, Kenyans are quite welcome. As long as you're down with the brown :laugh: I just wanted to add that Ghana has advanced to the second round after beating the USA 2-1!!!!!!! I'm loving this world cup! :love:

Loved the game...GO GHANA!!!!!!!!

Greetings my fellow Nigerian !!! I will be attending Howard Dent in the fall, hope to see you there.
:)
kenniemd said:
Hi,
I'm from Nigeria as well. Born in Lagos, bred in Benin and buttered in Maryland. :clap:
I'll be attending dental school in the fall.
Univ of Maryland or maybe... Howard.

Kendra

I will be going to HU dental this fall, hope to see you soon!!! Don't be a stranger.

nne97080 said:
I will be going to Howard med in the fall. Goodluck on Amcas, but you cannot use my scores to determine your chances. I think they looked at everything as a package. If your scores are avg as 3.0 gpa and mid 20's mcats which mine were try to balance it out with something. I did a masters and worked in interesting places i.e world bank, in naija for 1 yr and half etc, took hard core grad level sciences, did cancer research, and had good ltrs of recs so try to highlight those things that are good about you. Do not look at others please. Goodluck. -n

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know any dual degree oral and maxillofacial surgoen that is Nigerian?

GHANAIAN! well I'm half Ghanaian. still count though

Last year of dental school. About to start a residency in the Air Force. Whats good people.

hey there i'm nigerian. hi to all the west africans in the house!! Everybody is doing very well. Keep it up :luck:

Ghanaian here as well. Did you do an HPSP scholarship through the air force? I'm just starting d-school and I'm not too happy about the staggering debt I'm looking at.

Oggun said:
Last year of dental school. About to start a residency in the Air Force. Whats good people.

Nigerian from Niger state...Yale school of medicine...class of 2010..pm me for any questions...I am an international student as well

I am interested in cape town university plz help me. i am mbbs student from india & i am looking for pg course in cape town university. is it good ? what is value after doing this degree ? is it eligible in uk/australia ? ielts/toeffel is compulsory for admission ?

hi there,final year med student in nigeria, not a problem for me to cross over to uk or usa , just wondering which specialties in medicine , surgery or pathology are lucrative , available and worth considering.just wanna know ur opinions.i'll be checkin.

Howz everyone?? Just wonderin.. I just got verified and i am about to start working on secondaries.. Is anyone in here in the same boat?? advice needed on how to make this process faster..

Dammieboi said:
hi there,final year med student in nigeria, not a problem for me to cross over to uk or usa , just wondering which specialties in medicine , surgery or pathology are lucrative , available and worth considering.just wanna know ur opinions.i'll be checkin.

Hey all,
A fellow Ghanaian here:cool: . Glad to see so many of my fellow people doing their thing! Keep it up. By the way, what do you all think about the recent strike by the Ghanaian doctors back home? I really think something needs to be done fast cos our country is suffering:scared: . Would love to hear your thoughts...

Hello, I am a pharmacist from Nigeria. Nice joining the forum.

Nigerian here, fom akwa ibom

Hey,

Naijaman here, heading to WashU for fellowship next year.

hello.
i am not from ghana, yet recently returned from the beautiful mother land. I do have a few questions, that need to be answered. Most importantly, i want to make a full bloodtest to be sure all is ok, that i didn't get infected by a black fly, or carrying some like bacteria-farm in my belly, that will pop up some months unknowingly. If you or anybody else has an idea of which test i should ask for, please do let me know.
Thank you in advance
-S.Tez:p

hey all,
another Nigerian here

the name speaks for itself.
good to see u all representin' the motherland.

Nigerian here also! Representing Enugu State!

Nigerian here, fom akwa ibom

I'm from Akwa Ibom State in Nigeria, grew up in Uyo, lived in Opebi, Ikeja-Lagos for about 4 years before coming to the U.S in 2000. I just saw this thread for the first time and went through every page. Not one Ibibio or Efik person representing Akwa Ibom or Cross River State until now. Nigerians sure dominate the african med student population but it's mostly Igbos and Yorubas. That's fine but I would just like to see more of my people too. I'm tired of always being asked the follow-up question "Are you igbo or yoruba" when I mention I'm from Nigeria. Hello? there are many other tribes in Nigeria! It's all good, we're the same people anyways.

I'm from Akwa Ibom State in Nigeria. I just saw this thread for the first time and went through every page. Not one Ibibio or Efik person representing Akwa Ibom or Cross River State until now. Nigerians sure dominate the african med student population but sadly, it's mostly Igbos and Yorubas. That's fine but I would just like to see more of my people too. I'm tired of always being asked the follow-up question "Are you igbo or yoruba" when I mention I'm from Nigeria. Hello? there are many other tribes in Nigeria! Anyways, it's all good.

i totally understand what you must be feeling, but don't let it get to you. most people aren't familiar with africa let alone nigeria.

all the best

- one naija forever (unity in diversity)

Hello, everyone. Just want to introduce myself. I'm from the Philippines. A medical intern...a very adventurous one. I am taking my residency next year. Applying in either australia or the UK..but I want to volunteer in the future, practice medicine in Africa...probably with MSF or WHO. Hope to hear your stories. Thank you very much!!

Delano

Hey, Naija girl here reppin

i'm about as nigerian as they come.

Greetings my people!

My name is Ijeoma Nnodim and I'm a fourth year medical student at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Michigan.

Besides representing Naija (Nigeria) to the fullest, I am also very excited to introduce you to the newest, most innovative, and most progressive contribution to the betterment of our people here in the United States as well as at home in our continent, Africa: Africans In Medicine (AIM).

It is the mission of AIM to forge a cohesive unit that will harness the diverse intellectual and creative energies of African medical professionals towards exerting a positive and progressive impact in our community both in the United States and in the continent of Africa.

We intend to accomplish this mission by pursuing innovative, proactive, and constructive ideas on improving health care in the African continent by addressing root elements that affect African health and wellness, while adopting a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach.

In 2006, 100 young, excited, and energetic African medical professionals gathered for first ever general meeting of Africans In Medicine (AIM) held in Atlanta, Georgia. This year, we will be meeting in San Francisco, California on Friday, April 6th and Sunday April 8th, 2007 to continue to solidify our foundation and consolidate our collective resources to organize programs and activities towards accomplishing our mission.

In addition to organization building, sharing resources, and other conference logistics, we will also enjoy delicious African delicacies as well as groove to hip African jamz at our Friday party.

Join us in San Francisco, California to work for healthier, stronger Africans and a healthier, stronger Africa.

For more information, please contact Ijeoma Nnodim at [email protected] , Obi Ekwenna at [email protected], or Kwame Sankofa at [email protected].

Also, let us know if you intend to attend or if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks and God bless,
Ije

E ku ile o. Nigerian girl here, grew up in Lagos came to the U.S. in 2003.

The Ibibios are representing, Im one of them

I'm from Akwa Ibom State in Nigeria, grew up in Uyo, lived in Opebi, Ikeja-Lagos for about 4 years before coming to the U.S in 2000. I just saw this thread for the first time and went through every page. Not one Ibibio or Efik person representing Akwa Ibom or Cross River State until now. Nigerians sure dominate the african med student population but it's mostly Igbos and Yorubas. That's fine but I would just like to see more of my people too. I'm tired of always being asked the follow-up question "Are you igbo or yoruba" when I mention I'm from Nigeria. Hello? there are many other tribes in Nigeria! It's all good, we're the same people anyways.

I don't want this to become offensive or mean in any way, but why do you guys think immigrant black people do so much better than American black people? Every stat I have read has shown me that African blacks are the model immigrant group in the states (when it comes to education at least).

I don't want this to become offensive or mean in any way, but why do you guys think immigrant black people do so much better than American black people? Every stat I have read has shown me that African blacks are the model immigrant group in the states (when it comes to education at least).

Wow! what a bold statement to make. Nigerians are extremely naive in their judgment of situations.
hmm... model immigrant group!
hmm...when it comes to education
hmm...do so much better.
WTF