Any efficient studying tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NP545

Anyone want to share advice on how they study minimally while being able to perform at a high standard? (Efficient studying) This will obviously be needed during med school so I was looking to develop these good study habits right now. Care to share any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is so subjective. I am interested in the comments to come. My methods are not efficient at all, but very effective.

For example, let's say that there are 5 chapters. I study chapter 1, hard. Move on and study chapter 2, hard. Go back and re-study chapter 1, then chapter 2, and then move on to study chapter 3, hard. Repeat this process of going back to re-study the previous chapters in a sequential order (first to last) to the point where you already know what information is on what slides/pages. Then get a good night sleep. Wake up very early before exam (4-5 am) and read through chapter 1-5 again; at this point it should be easy to recall.

This method utilizes both long-term and short-term memory. Hardly efficient, but does the trick.

Reactions: 1 users
This is so subjective. I am interested in the comments to come. My methods are not efficient at all, but very effective.

For example, let's say that there are 5 chapters. I study chapter 1, hard. Move on and study chapter 2, hard. Go back and re-study chapter 1, then chapter 2, and then move on to study chapter 3, hard. Repeat this process of going back to re-study the previous chapters in a sequential order (first to last) to the point where you already know what information is on what slides/pages. Then get a good night sleep. Wake up very early before exam (4-5 am) and read through chapter 1-5 again; at this point it should be easy to recall.

This method utilizes both long-term and short-term memory. Hardly efficient, but does the trick.

but by the end, you have reviewed chapter one 5 times, and have only looked at chapter 5 once...right?

Members don't see this ad :)
good thread. I did note cards all through college, but I know that will not be efficient in med school. too much info

Lol.

OP, you'll have to find what works for you. There's no simple answer to this question.

but by the end, you have reviewed chapter one 5 times, and have only looked at chapter 5 once...right?
Right. But in the morning you will spend the majority of your time on it again. Also, medical school tests are more like 13 chapters. So that last chapter will have only like 2 questions from it. I did a SMP and honored each course I was in by doing this.

Reactions: 1 user
Right. But in the morning you will spend the majority of your time on it again. Also, medical school tests are more like 13 chapters. So that last chapter will have only like 2 questions from it. I did a SMP and honored each course I was in by doing this.

nice!

Oh jeez I am not efficient at all. But I'm trying to learn to be. Does anyone have any note taking skills? I struggle to keep up. I prefer professors that base their exams off the textbooks so you know you're definitely not missing any information.

Hi, I have recently introduced a Top student who obtained Top10 and passed first time, I have published a Kindle E-book:

Amazon product

I am sure this will help :)

LOL

The sequel will be called. How I done aced that MCAT verbal reasoning first time.