Anxiety, full-time postbacc, no job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I was fortunate to be accepted to one of the formal postbaccs in SoCal. It's a full-time program (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm) and my advisor clearly stated that I won't have time even for a part-time job. I've been working since high school and I guess I'm having some type of anxiety leaving my job.

My last day is this Friday and I'm already looking for something with more flexible hours.
Has anyone experienced something like this? What can I do or say to myself that it's ok to just study and go to school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I was fortunate to be accepted to one of the formal postbaccs in SoCal. It's a full-time program (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm) and my advisor clearly stated that I won't have time even for a part-time job. I've been working since high school and I guess I'm having some type of anxiety leaving my job.

My last day is this Friday and I'm already looking for something with more flexible hours.
Has anyone experienced something like this? What can I do or say to myself that it's ok to just study and go to school?
Tell yourself that even a few pts worth of gpa means you'll never be a doctor and you need to focus

I'm having this same anxiety and I haven't even applied yet. Plus I am married and have a young son. Hang in there, you can do it!

Which program? Scripps?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having this same anxiety and I haven't even applied yet. Plus I am married and have a young son. Hang in there, you can do it!

Which program? Scripps?

No, CSU Fullerton program:) It starts in 2 (!!) weeks. Good luck to you too! When are you applying?

No, CSU Fullerton program:) It starts in 2 (!!) weeks. Good luck to you too! When are you applying?

Planning to take the GRE next month and applying after that.

I'm with you, the idea of not having a source of income during this process makes me want to dry heave. BUT, let the precarity of the situation be your motivation to do the absolute best you can...